• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes R700 Riflescope

Ranger21

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
I have less than $400 to spend on a scope for my new r700 xcr tactical long range. I have looked at leupold, but longer range scopes are just too expensive. I am looking for a mil dot finger adjustable turret tactical scope for long ranger shooting, not hunting. If anybody out there has more knowledge on this subject, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Re: R700 Riflescope

save your money.. use a 1/3 of the 400 for a 10 x bushnell elite, buy some good ammo with the rest.. SHOOT, continue to save, eat ramen etc until you can get something better.
the 10x will get you to further than most can shoot effectively.
just my .02
good luck

Re: R700 Riflescope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranger21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have less than $400 to spend on a scope for my new r700 xcr tactical long range.

Thanks in advance </div></div>

Been there, done that. In hindsight, I wish I had skipped multiple inferior purchases and saved up (waited longer avoiding a bad impulse buy) for a better optic. It really is QUALITY over QUANTITY. Shop the used stuff on this sight for a nice fixed scope and start shooting. When you save up enough money to buy the nicer scope, sell the used one you bought for what you paid (or close to it) to fund the new scope.