• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors R700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD re-thread w/non-AAC cans?

eSKay

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2012
NW Louisiana
I'm in the process of building a new rifle as my post-deployment present to myself. I've ordered a Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD and am submitting paperwork for an SRT Shadow XL TI.

I read in another forum that putting a non-AAC can on this rifle is going to require reworking the threads because they don't go far enough on the barrel. Does anyone have any experience with putting a non AAC can on this rifle?

Re: R700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD re-thread w/non-AAC cans?

I have used direct thread AAC cans, the QD mount that came on the one I had, and a direct thread Gemtech TPR-S (older model 30 can) with no problems.
The length of your threads isn't so much an issue as whether you have enough shoulder and especially that the shoulder is concentric to the bore.
You can run into a mounting problem with your can on another host if you have short threads on one and long on another. But a bit of effort to get/keep the threads clean inside your can will go a long way in ensuring you can mount your direct thread can on multiple hosts.

Re: R700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD re-thread w/non-AAC cans?

I currently run a Gemtech HVT with no mounting issues or problems. I'm getting a TBAC 30P-1 and when I emailed the thread specs to TBAC, Zac said it should be no problem.

Re: R700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD re-thread w/non-AAC c

Does anyone know the thread specs for the rem 700 aac rifle. As well as the YHM 30CAL direct can? Is there enough shoulder? does the thread length match? all out of the box, good to go?