• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

R700 won't feed.

byrom1212

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2008
greenville tx
It has never worked right from the day I got it and now with the B&C stock on I shoot it more and I get tired of haveing to just drop a round in then close the bolt. I would like to load 3 rounds in and go but if I do after the 1st round it just jams or wont pic up the next round. Any idea what I can do to fix this issue.

Re: R700 won't feed.

Are you using standard bottom metal? Is everything there? There should be a sort of magazine body that jams into the bottom of the receiver. I've seen them missing or even installed upside-down. Either scenario will mess you up.

I will check tonight I know It was there when it was new and I still had the same issue though.

And yes it is the factory bottom metal.

I didn't have your problem, but similar. When you install the mag box it is held by spring tension in the receiver. It got knocked out of position when I was reinstalling it into the stock. This was binding up the spring and follower (somehow) and turned it into a rifle which would only hold one round in the magazine. Never noticed it at the "load only 1 round" rifle range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308longshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will check tonight I know It was there when it was new and I still had the same issue though.

And yes it is the factory bottom metal. </div></div>

I know it's hard to believe but I've seen things installed incorrectly directly from the factory! Not on any firearms... yet. But no one is immune.

I have a R700 SPS that would not feed from day one. The problem turned out to be the razor sharp edges of the feed lips in the receive. About 5 gentle passes with a fine honing stone, solved the problem. It was just enough so it did not feel like you were running your finger over a knife blade.

If you are having this same problem I would exepect to see some scratches or gouges on the brass casses where they had caught on the feed lip edges. The scratches would run about the length of the larger dia. part of the case.

Of course the rifle needs to be properly assembled to determine what is really go with it not feeding.