• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Radius side mounted - How well does it work?

Sogan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2013
Looking at picking up a silencerco Radius that will have to be side mounted when I run my thermal since there is nothing to attach it at 12oclock too. I've read reports that side mounted at times can throw out inaccurate readings. Im assuming because at that point, the LRF laser is running up and down instead of side to side and could hit in front or behind the target etc. How big of an issue is this? would it be 10 yards off or are we talking a possible 50-100. Im sure a hill factored in could cause more issues but lets say its all flat land. Usually hunt off a tripod so the gun is higher up in the air slightly - no idea if that matters or not

TLDR: How much of a distance error is likely on flat ground with a Radius at a 3 or 6 oclock position?

I run mine on the side with a PVS-30. The Radius emits a intermittent( flash) ir laser that is visible with night vision. I simply zero the Radius to my crosshair and it's GTG. The flash also gives you your distance reading. I am guessing that it covers about 4-6 inches at 5-600 yards. As far as the laser at distance, I have ranged out to 2600 yards with it at night on metal buildings.

I had my Radius mounted at the 9 o’clock position for a while. It worked fine there and I didn’t notice any distance errors. I was shooting on a range with known distance targets out to 800 yards. The Radius showed the correct distances.

I have my Radius mounted at 9:00 as well.
I’m running it on a LMT MWS with a Simrad KN-253 so I don’t have another option for placement of the Radius.
I don’t have a ton of rounds downrange with it yet, but so far it has been accurate and held zero.
If I end up going to a PVS-27 or PVS-30, I will be moving the Radius to the top of my Spuhr optic mount.

I run mine on the side with a PVS-30. The Radius emits a intermittent( flash) ir laser that is visible with night vision. I simply zero the Radius to my crosshair and it's GTG. The flash also gives you your distance reading. I am guessing that it covers about 4-6 inches at 5-600 yards. As far as the laser at distance, I have ranged out to 2600 yards with it at night on metal buildings.

Wow, what a great idea. I missed the boat on these when SiCo blew them out.

Wow, what a great idea. I missed the boat on these when SiCo blew them out.
They are still around in the secondary market. Youll pay $800-1000 depending on condition