• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ragged Hole Barrels

YOTESHOOTERCLC

Private
Minuteman
Anyone out there have any info on John Bredderman or Raggedhole barrels. Ordered a action and 2 barrels from them in March and now can not get any reply on order status. Are they still in business or do need legal action ?

It’s been 2 years but I’ve ordered a few Wilson barrels and got them promptly. I also have called and talked to the owner a few times with questions and always got the help I needed.

not sure what’s happened but it sucks you didn’t get the same service!

So I just wanted to share something that happened to me with this company. Last week I placed an order online for a barrel and for an email confirmation the order was submitted. Then 20mins later I get a call the barrel is out of stock and it is unknown when more will be available. So I ask to cancel the order and I’m told I need to send an email with my order number and there is restocking fee for an item I didn’t even receive. So I bought a blank sporter barrel for $175.95 And was refunded 150$ so I lost $25.95 because they didn’t have a barrel in stock this makes no sense to me and I won’t be doing business with this company again.

From their website:
Due to the inventory turnover rate and with current limited suply please send a us a note or call John at 415-705-9498 or [email protected] to confirm if the barrels are in stock BEFORE ordering
Did you do that?

And also from their website:
Cancelled orders will be subject to a cancellation fee. The credit card processor charges us to refund.
Are you sure that's not why they kept part of your money?

Both of their statements seem perfectly reasonable to me.

I am in Reno and know him. He has done some work for me in the past. Never had issues. He was up front and kept to his timelines, I think he was actually a week early.

I bought a barrel blank from them about a year ago. A short wait as they get them in lots of 100. It shot great and a helluva value at $175.

I use these barrels on budget builds for friends and family just looking to blast Pdogs or ring steel. Great barrels, I prefer to slug and lap them accordingly. In all honesty I bet we would see more of them in use if they made them in popular contours for LR shooters.

As per the company.......I've had the issue of "out of stock" but fortunately I was able to just go from 7twist to 8 twist and it was fine. Everything else I have ordered has been fine.....cheap shipping......fast delivery....etc.

Like 308pirate said........a phone call or email to check in-stock status is always a good thing......especially in current times. Expect the not so popular barrel makers to get a boost in sales (i.e. production management struggles) because the tier 1 makers are OVERLOADED right now.

Ern

Reactions: 308pirate
I have a tactical rifle from RHB. I am impressed, sub 1/2 moa groups. Wish they had a heavier contour barrel available. Had some communication issues and some availability issues in the delivery of my order, probably covid related, but overall John and his crew delivered.

So I just wanted to share something that happened to me with this company. Last week I placed an order online for a barrel and for an email confirmation the order was submitted. Then 20mins later I get a call the barrel is out of stock and it is unknown when more will be available. So I ask to cancel the order and I’m told I need to send an email with my order number and there is restocking fee for an item I didn’t even receive. So I bought a blank sporter barrel for $175.95 And was refunded 150$ so I lost $25.95 because they didn’t have a barrel in stock this makes no sense to me and I won’t be doing business with this company again.
From their website:

Did you do that?

And also from their website:

Are you sure that's not why they kept part of your money?

Both of their statements seem perfectly reasonable to me.

vVt9ZflEQplKefIfk4Ers6pbFFzvBPrPed_3k0f507U.gif

No I didn’t call because the item listed on they’re website was listed as in stock. So I just assumed like anyone else would have they had the item for sale so it was in stock. I did get a call a few hours later telling me they were out snd were in process of removing the listing for that barrel. So I still don’t see how or why I wasn’t refunded the full amount. I literally paid and was refunded in a matter of hours but yet kept some of my funds. Shitty customer service if you ask me. I wasn’t even given the option to wait for the barrel to be in stock as I was told he had no idea when barrels would be available again.
Plus This shit is old news already have around 300 rounds down the Criterion prefit barrel From Northland Shooter Supply James room care of me had barrel in 4days was shooting the next day. Barrel shoots awesome.
Yeah if they’re gonna have a website they should be liable for what’s on it, not you.

No card fees from the bank if the sale is voided the same day or before the batch is completed and transmitted for the day. At least that is how my CC processing works.

I’ve dealt extensively with banks and various card merchant processors.

ALL refunds given within the allowable refund period on your merchant agreement (usually 60-90 days from date of original SALE transaction — “AUTH” transactions are different) are FULLY REFUNDED — i.e. merchant fees and all.

I’ve seen some claim that the CC/Merchant/Bank keeps a certain amount. That is a BALD FACED LIE! Unless they’re using Guido’s Bent-Nose Card Merchant Services, they get back every penny within the refund period on your agreement.

Reactions: Mendoza0311
No card fees from the bank if the sale is voided the same day or before the batch is completed and transmitted for the day. At least that is how my CC processing works.
He is using a 3rd party for processing. Pretty normal for a web site that takes credit card orders. Most businesses aren't going to have the necessary equipment or the ability to link them together. What I can tell you is credit card processors don't do anything free. I have bought several barrels from him, no issues, including this year. Had to wait a couple weeks on getting 1 in stock but wasn't a biggie to me.

He responded to my inventory inquiry this last Friday. I have ordered a couple times before, but have not used electronic payment. I had to wait for some out-of-inventory barrels, but I was not in a rush, and were eventually delivered as a separate package.

Today though, things not in inventory, I would not "pre-order" given extended/undefined lead times, on all gun-related items.