• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Raggedy Ass AI

Sniperstud

Luckyshot
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Nashville, TN
I've got an AX308 that I'm selling to a friend. I've been using it as a duty weapon and it has developed a little character along the way. He asked me if the cerakote could be redone, and come to think of it I have never seen that discussed. Search results were inconclusive, so has anyone ever tried this, or know if an AX can be cerakoted without separating the bonded assemblies, or damaging the bonding agent? The rifle still shoots great, so don't really want to play roulette by divorcing the action and butt from the chassis. He might have to learn to love the look, or rattle can it.

I would go to the gunsmith section for that question

Pull the skins off and do an air dry cerakote on the chassis, action and barrel?

I suggested that, but he wants the oven cure, if he can get it, for the increased durability. This will be his duty rifle, so he wants to delay creating his own character marks as long as possible. I agree, that may be his best choice though.

I have to admit that I like that "lived in" look. I own very few safe queens. I don't abuse my guns, but I use them, and I don't think they look quite right until they're "broken in."

I used to be anal about how I kept my guns but they are a tool and it's part of it.

Reactions: Sniperstud
Mile high can deboned and spray it, not sure what the cost would be. I’m sure Bradu would take good care of an AXMC if he ever gets around to getting one. Lol

Reactions: Bradu
Tell him to grow a pair and live with it. Way cooler than a fresh gun, and the new coating is gonna rub off the corners anyway. If it’s gonna be a range gun for him, he can krylon it in Burbury or Gucci print if he likes.

Reactions: canezach
Mile high can deboned and spray it, not sure what the cost would be. I’m sure Bradu would take good care of an AXMC if he ever gets around to getting one. Lol

Hey fucker, don't you have some stuff to fix for your wife?

I'm with @Supersubes on this one. After a couple of callouts, my duty rifles have all had that "lived in" look. It's inevitable. Gotta climb a fire escape to get to the roof, or rest the fore end on the top of a rough cinder block wall? Crap happens

Cerakote can be removed via sandblast and we do it for customers (for an upcharge) that want to change the colour of their chassis. I have to agree with the numerous other posts and say that a rifle is way cooler when "broken in" or used properly!