• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rags 2 riches model 70 progress

EvanNieters

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2022
Hoover Al
0E9B2BE7-64C4-41EA-A3DC-48B1EF35CACC.jpeg
Hey guys I’m new here. I just recently picked up my first bolt gun that I want to build. I’m looking for a tactical stock. I’d love to find a McMillan but I’m open to anything. The stock that came on it is just not my cup of tea. If you have one or know someone that may please let me know. I’m exited to get to know you guys and learn about the precision rifle world as a team. Let me know thank you guys:)

View attachment 7817413Hey guys I’m new here. I just recently picked up my first bolt gun that I want to build. I’m looking for a tactical stock. I’d love to find a McMillan but I’m open to anything. The stock that came on it is just not my cup of tea. If you have one or know someone that may please let me know. I’m exited to get to know you guys and learn about the precision rifle world as a team. Let me know thank you guys:)
Your rifle is not a Remington.
It is a Winchester Model 70. Maybe post 64 push-feed.
This clarification will be crucial to you being effective in finding stock/chassis options to consider.

There are chassis and McMillan options out there but the selection is slim.

./

Reactions: EvanNieters
Your rifle is not a Remington.
It is a Winchester Model 70. Maybe post 64 push-feed.
This clarification will be crucial to you being effective in finding stock/chassis options to consider.

There are chassis and McMillan options out there but the selection is slim.

./
Thank you man. Yeah that’s my bad I’ll have to re post this. Thank you

Reactions: Terry Cross
Try Midwest gun works. I think they had some Mcmillans left over for FN M70's. Don't fool with the Hogue stocks as they are not what you want. They are just a stop gap. Good luck!

Try Midwest gun works. I think they had some Mcmillans left over for FN M70's. Don't fool with the Hogue stocks as they are not what you want. They are just a stop gap. Good luck!
Thank you man! Yeah I was looking at the kit that Midwest has. I already called them this morning but they said they could not get me one. I will know not to mess with the Hogue stocks tho. Thank you for the advice!

Thank you man. See I never knew that this existed. If I can’t find a kit for my gun I may very well have this done instead! Thank you man!