• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rail intergrated level

No experience with it, but personally, it's not where I want the level. It's too close for my eye to focus on, and I prefer that the level is positioned for my non-shooting eye.

I like a level mounted on the scope tube, offset to the side of the non-shooting eye, and forward of the turrets (often forward of the front ring). For a right-hand shooter, this allows the level to be seemingly superimposed into the upper right quadrant of the scope's sight picture not far from the center. After getting used to this setup, it works very well without drawing the shooting eye away from the reticle (and target). YMMV

846101.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/846101/hollands-signature-series-anti-cant-device-30mm-matte

I think if I wanted one on my base I'd get the USO one. I don't see the point in getting a new base just because there is a level there, I'd take a more commonly used and tested brand anyway.

I really like the prototype level I was given. Hoping he pulls through with a production model sometime.

img0489fd.jpg

It is an interesting system but I don't know if it will work for me. For me is better to have something mounted on left side, something wich I can see with my left eye. Now I use a b-square bubble level and work fine.

Best

No experience with it, but personally, it's not where I want the level. It's too close for my eye to focus on, and I prefer that the level is positioned for my non-shooting eye.

I like a level mounted on the scope tube, offset to the side of the non-shooting eye, and forward of the turrets (often forward of the front ring). For a right-hand shooter, this allows the level to be seemingly superimposed into the upper right quadrant of the scope's sight picture not far from the center. After getting used to this setup, it works very well without drawing the shooting eye away from the reticle (and target). YMMV

846101.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/846101/hollands-signature-series-anti-cant-device-30mm-matte

My thoughts exactly. Sound advice

So whats the best option? How do you ensure that the ring mounted one is even level?

What about the USO ones?