• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk RailChanger or alternatives

DairyDictator

Unlucky Bastard
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2019
I had the original game changer and it was basically the only bag I used, but I lost it at a tune up early this year. Side note, always have your name on your gear. I really liked the bag, but it was too heavy (regular AG fill I believe) and the 500D cloth was a little stiff. I've noticed a lot more people using the pint sized game changer with canvas material. I'll probably be trying one of these out but for those who have them, is the rail changer from area 419 worth the extra coin? Seems like a decent deal since I can use the bag loose or have it attached to the rifle.

I will be picking up an Area 419 rail for my Manners PRS-2, haven't decided on 12" or 14" yet.

I’ve both the rail changer and rail changer x with the pint sized heavy fill and the OG sized bag as well. Much prefer the heavy fill pint sized. Locks up more solid and while I don’t normally have it attached, it’s worth it to me because it does come in handy here and there. I like the option to have it or not.

Reactions: deersniper
For bag attached to plate, I have gray ops mini plate with the Armageddon gear bag that is made for it. Only use it in small ports or when I really need it.

I’ve found that having bag attached to rifle can be more detrimental than helpful. It limits the range of motion you have with rifle. Many times you might have your bag/rifle at a 20 or 30deg angle if one another. That doesn’t work when attached.

The only time I've used a rifle attached barricade bag and found it useful was for the one stage at the 2018 quiet riot where you were shooting off of the mine prop that was ~100 ft above the air. There was a few transitions, and if your bag went over the edge you were out of luck. Bye bye bag.

Personally, I haven't found the need to spend the money on one. I just rock a mini Wiebad Fortune Cookie bag.

I have an OG Gamechanger and have used it for a couple years. I borrowed a buddy's AG Railchanger a few months ago and shot the Avenal match using it exclusively. I found I loved it and ordered one and haven't looked back. My Gamechanger stays at home now.

I’ll echo Dthomas, the grey ops plate is phenomenal, in conjunction with a mini game changer I really get incredibly stable on things like boulders and logs. For PRS I use heavy fill bags either regular or mini, the wax canvas, for field matches I use a lite fill game changer with about 2/3 of the bag filled, its light enough I’d carry at mammoth.

I don’t use bags that attach, I think you lose the adjustability of the bag, and it’s not really saving any time in setup. That being said it’s definitely personal preference I know some are successful with that bag attached setup.

Last edited:
We’ve got a really small(and now light thanks to a new filler) rail mounted plate/bag combo that is pretty awesome. This is definitely not a free recoil/balance the rifle and tap the trigger type set up but if you like to drive the rifle with a good NPA this thing is hard to beat.

The “micro” is the really small one. The Mini with the plate is too big IMO and is kind of cumbersome when attached to the rifle. Some guys like it though.
A3B39B34-C584-40A7-A126-429B2E1CC734.jpeg
28752020-D8E8-4BCD-B3D5-845369E40A05.jpeg

What's the weight of the micro and plate combo with lite fill?

What's the weight of the micro and plate combo with lite fill?

If you’re asking about the amp mini plate with Armageddon bag that straps to it, pretty light. I’d have to weight it, but probably no more than a couple pounds total weight.

A gamer plate that I make and the waxed canvas pint sized GC with heavy fill is what I use easily 90% of the time. I like to run it un-attached for small ports. The thing locks up like concrete and the plate makes the gun super stable even when cycling the action. I have shot entire matches with only that combo.

my Foundation stock has a pretty big flat fore en, Will a plate make it a lot more stable on a GC bag?

@Adapt,

My plate is 4" (3.950 if we are splitting hairs). I find that any extra width helps immensely with lateral stability. I can keep the target in scope while cycling the action, which is a huge time saver.

IMG_1586.jpeg