• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rainguards for Sig Kilo 3000

Powder_Burns

Shoutbox Veteran
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 4, 2009
    Colorado
    So yeah, the sig kilo 3000 comes with no lens caps, no rainguards, and some funky open sided case.

Verified that vortex viper hd 10x42 lens caps will work, but the rainguard is too tight to slip over the eyepieces on the kilo. I put my calipers on them and got around 1.865” or 47.39mm.

Looking at the rainguard options from vortex, the kaibabs are bigger than the viper hd’s, so I’m wondering if anyone has a set of kaibabs could measure the eye piece diameter, or if anyone has found a rainguard that will fit these bulky eye pieces on the sig kilo.

Reactions: Ruskin
    Called Vortex and got the eye piece dimensions for the kaibabs. The vortex rep told me they were 1.88”, so I ordered the rainguards for the kaibab. Once they arrive I’ll update this thread with how they fit. So if you are looking for a lens cover solution for the sig kilo 3000’s, this may be it.

I was looking at those last night, when I measured my eyepieces at 47.39mm I thought they may be too tight. Looks like the kaibab ones are on the looser side, I’ll know for sure in a few days.

Here's some options:

Attachments

• IMG_7629.JPG
      IMG_7629.JPG
      614.1 KB · Views: 226
    • IMG_7631.JPG
      IMG_7631.JPG
      417 KB · Views: 240
    • IMG_7633.JPG
      IMG_7633.JPG
      615.4 KB · Views: 213
    No just the rainguard. The kaibab objectives are much larger than the sig kilo’s.