• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rainier Arms Ultramatch Barrels

chittnp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
Olympia, WA
Putting together a build with one of the MA-TEN sets from the Group buy and Im looking for a barrel. I see that Rainier Arms has a pretty reasonably priced 20" barrel and I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with them. I see that it starts life as a Shillen blank, so I expect it to be fairly high end, but its about half the price of a Rock 5R, so I'd like to know what you guys are experienceing with them.

Re: Rainier Arms Ultramatch Barrels

Rainier Arms in fact doesnt make anything.. they are a resupplier, but a damn good one! They get their barrels from either White Oak or Noveske (if its a Shilen or Wilson blank, good chance its WOA) ... They make special orders with different contours etc just to be alittle different and label it their own, but rest assured, great stuff, they are not remarketing crap and calling it theirs... I just received my 2nd 6.8 barrel from them, and its in fact a WOA, and great stuff.. look at their rail system just for example (its a Samson Evolution rail with different cuts).. in closing, like I said, its not made by them, but very quality stuff, you would not be disappointed!

I think most people gravitate towards their select barrels. They are cheaper and seem to shoot MOA or slightly better which is "good enough."

I wanted one of their 16" ultramatch barrels but ended up with a 16" fulton as it was rifle gas and cheaper. Took a couple hundred rounds for it to start shooting consistently but now it is quite accurate and velocity is actually a little higher than it was when I first got it (no idea why).

I have an 18" SPR Ultramatch Upper. More accurate than my Larue PredatAR is that means anything to you.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think most people gravitate towards their select barrels. They are cheaper and seem to shoot MOA or slightly better which is "good enough."
</div></div>

Not so sure that is what most people gravitate to, at least not me.
I think these are great barrels ~ I have three of them and would have had a fourth but I got tired of waiting and got a WOA SDM (not a bad replacement btw).
My MA TEN is the UM 18" and could not be more pleased.
VERY accurate as are they all.
YMMV

I have 3 woa 223 barrels....I wont buy any other kind. All three are sub moa. I contact w.o.a. for a 14.5 " and was referred to rainier by them as they make a lot of their barrels. Great customer service w/both companies. Plus rainier has a 90day m.b.g. you should know in 3 months if you like your barrel.

Ive got one of their 14.5" Select barrels in 5.56 that im waiting to get back from my smith. The machine work and finish was perfect. When I get it back and get it together again I will post a range report.