• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rainier Match vs Rainier Select

nuclear_shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2013
Looking to grab a 308 16" mid-length barrel. This is going to be a battle rifle more than a long range rifle, but I would like to get less than 1" groups. Initially I was planning on grabbing the Rainier Select barrel because its cheaper, lighter, and comes in black, but then I realized that the Match barrel is only about 40 dollars more and about 2 oz heavier. Some of the reports on the Select aren't as favorable. What do you guys think? I'd rather not get stingy with 40 bucks on a ~300 dollar part, but then again if I don't need to spend the extra $ I'd rather not.

I think Blake Hole Weaponry makes the select barrels. I have an 18" SPR barrel from them. Haven't played with match ammo or load development yet, but it was shooting M193 good enough. I can't find my targets or I'd give you more info.

I'm headed to range tomorrow and I'll shoot a couple more. It's a sample size of 1, but at least it's something.

+1 on black hole weaponry, i have 3 barrels from them and they are all sub moa capable

get the select,
i havehad two, a friend ordered a $380 match and it would not shoot better than 1.4". My select will shoot factory fgmm inside 1" all the time. Plus select has a warranty

Cool. I was expecting this thread to go the other direction. The 1:11 twist is fine since I'll primarily be shooting 155s and aesthetically I prefer the black.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk