• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ram shot zipp powder!

o1sick7

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2009
utah
I shoot a lot of competitions so I'm constantly reloading for my 45 acp and 9mm and I stumbbeled across this powder. And I would have to say I'm loveing it so far! I'm getting faster velocity's and less felt recoil. Its a beautifull thing! For 2 lbs was only $20. You guys should check it out!

Re: ram shot zipp powder!

RamShot Zip is good powder. I use it in .380ACP and .40SW. It burns really clean and the powder isn't that expensive. All RamShot powders are clean burning and really good value.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usftr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All RamShot powders are clean burning and really good value. </div></div>

except with a suppressed 556, i've been cleaning cases for days...

RKBA-

How would this be different? I've used W231 for 45 and that powder is very dirty. I've tried RS Zip, Enforcer, TAC, and Magnum and all burn as clean or cleaner than other powders I've tried. I can't stand Enforcer as it appears the powder is coated on tiny yellow balls that like to lock up a tight tolerance .45ACP. Can you please help me understand why a supressed weapon will burn very different?

I have had great luck with all the ramshot powders I have tried.

TrueBlue, Silhouette, Competition, TAC, and Exterminator.

Really digging Ramshot X-T and TAC in .223

I did really well with TAC and 175SMK years back. It had an edge on velocity over other powders. I still use it in the AR10 because it burns so clean.

Usftr,

A can keeps some of the gas in, past that I don't know. I know my brass has more soot when running TAC through a can vs no can.

*shrug*

Thanks RKBA. I guess I understand now. How is TAC and other RamShot powders compared to other powders when using a supressor with respect to cleanliness? Can you see a difference?

nope, they all seem to soot pretty well on a gas gun.

grin.gif