• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ramshot LRT Real World Experience

tbeasley

Private
Minuteman
Hey Guys, like the title says..I'm looking for folks that use Ramshot LRT and the calibers your using it in and how it performs.
Being LRT is new and there's not ton of info out there, maybe we could start out own information pool of LRT loads.
Let's include the following since this is open to various calibers and all bullet weights.
Caliber:
Bullet weight:
Barrel length:
Twist rate:
Primer used:

Found out that LRT didn't fare so well in 408CT, but regular Retumbo did great..go figure

Thanks

Started testing some today in 2 different rifles:

7-300PRC
180 Berger Hybrid
28” Bartlein HV 1:8 Twist
Fed 215

Loaded a 10 round pressure test starting at 87.5gr up to 89.3. Only got 3 rounds out of this and hit high pressures. Will have to back this one down and start over. 87.5 and 87.7 had ejector swipes and slightly heavy bolt lift, but ran 3326 & 3330 which was WAY faster than I expected. I think it has a lot of potential in this round.

257 Weatherby
115 Berger VLD
24” factory Weatherby barrel
Fed 215

10 round pressure test starting at 76.7 up to 78.5. Did not see any pressure signs throughout test so could be pushed a little farther in this rifle, but no need to IMO. Ran from 3317 to 3442 in this rifle. Pretty darn impressive so far.

Will be loading up more to test for both rifles here soon. I am at around 4500’ ASL and ambient temp was around 58* today.

One piece of advice for this powder if you haven’t dealt with spherical powder before is make darn sure you have some control on static because this stuff will go EVERYWHERE if you have static issues. Ask me how I know...🤦‍♂️

Reactions: tbeasley