• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ramshot Tac 6mm creed

Dildobaggins

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2020
Yep. You read that correctly. Ive been able to get my hands on primers, brass and some decent powder for my 223, 6.5 grendel, and 308. H4350 which is what I really want comes in stock all the time, and it's gone within minutes. Could have got some last week off hodgdon website, but the shipping was the same price as the powder, and I just won't do that. I built a custom 6 creed about 3 months ago, and want to squeeze a few off and get a feel for the rifle. I have Lapua SRP brass, and 108 gr Hornady eld-m. It's killing my looking at this thing sitting in my safe. Anyone ever shoot Tac in a 6mm creedmoor? (Yes, I realize this is probably horrible powder for a 6 creed.) Thanks fellas!

Last edited:
I played with Varget, SW Precision, RE15, H4895, and 8208XBR for silly as I had those around at the time. Ramshot (Western Powders) didn’t have any load data on 6mm Creedmoor when I was playing with the other powders. I don’t see why you couldn’t use it (still for the most part a medium burn rate powder) but, my service rifle (223)TAC loads really liked a tight neck tension. If I were going to try TAC, I’d start with a lighter projectile like the 70gr SMK. I had really good results with H4895 and Varget (or SW Precision) and the 70gr SMK.

I just finished my 6MM CM build also, and chose it over other 6MM variants because it shared the same powders as my 6.5 CM, so I dont have to have so many different components. Both like Superformance and StaBall 6.5.

Reactions: Dildobaggins
I'm currently building a 6CM under the guidance of a couple smart fellas... As has been pointed out to me, the great thing about the 6CM is its ability to take advantage of slower burning powders giving higher velocity and longer barrel life. TAC is not one of those. See attached for the as of yet unpublished Berger load data for 6CM. I can't provide much more information as has been given me. Hopefully this helps you.

Attachments

• image-May-06-2022-04-10-44-81-PM.png
    image-May-06-2022-04-10-44-81-PM.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 132
  • image-May-06-2022-04-12-44-68-PM.png
    image-May-06-2022-04-12-44-68-PM.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 127
I'm currently building a 6CM under the guidance of a couple smart fellas... As has been pointed out to me, the great thing about the 6CM is its ability to take advantage of slower burning powders giving higher velocity and longer barrel life. TAC is not one of those. See attached for the as of yet unpublished Berger load data for 6CM. I can't provide much more information as has been given me. Hopefully this helps you.
Good stuff. Thank you! Let us know how the build turns out. I got my hands on 3 pounds of H4350 last week, so that will keep me busy for awhile.

Reactions: Davidheart
No doubt - it's great for .223 & 308, but not so much for 6mmC. Even with 69gr bullets you'll hit max pressure just as you get to 90% fill.