• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ramshot TAC loads

Switchblade

muf kin poser
Minuteman
Ramshot TAC, no others please.

Looking for loads for 308 147/150fmjbt, and 175SMK
Also looking for 5.56/223 loads for 55fmjbt, and 62fmjbt(to mimic M855/SS109)

I know all the H4895 and VArget loads for these so I am only looking for TAC loads.

OTHER QUESTIONS if you are using TAC.
Do you have any temperature sensitivity issues with this powder?
How do you like it?
Groups with bolt guns?

Thanks for the time ladies!

Re: Ramshot TAC loads

I have used 42 grains of tac powder in military lc brass with 175 smks and i had excessive pressure signs on the primers (flat and dimpled). So i backed down to 40.5 grains and i was getting 2630 fps out of a 20 inch sps tactical with 175 grain smks.

I've got some TAC, and am interested in this. My initial load is going to be 155 Scenars at 42.2 grains in a brux 24 inch barrel with Wolf LR primers. I'll work up from there. It sure is priced right...

I'll take a look at my notes tomorrow. I loaded TAC behind the Nosler 155 in my AR10 for a while. Shot pretty good. I'll post what I had if I can find the info. I'm still unpacking from the move.

Currently running 40.0 of TAC behind a 175 VLD at 2625. Also had good results with the 175 SMK with same charge. 155.5 Berger did well with 41.0. in either case I could have run a bit hotter but that was the sweet spot for this particular rifle.

These were all loaded hard in the lands. .010-.015 depending on the bullet.

hey sir

i did an OCW load dev. for TAC , with 175 smk's, 24" barrel

it came out at 44.4 grains, cci br2, win brass, it would one hole most times i shot it, and 2720 fps , muzzle velocity

and also, slickrick here on the hide , shoots TAC

i think he uses 43.1 grains ? with 175's or 178's

maybe he will chime in

good luck , i love it , it meters well, texture like salt

george

I use TAC for .223 plinking rounds

here is my load

24.5gr TAC
Mixed .223/556 brass
Hornady 55gr FMJBT/w Cann @2.20" OAL
Remington 7 1/2 primers.

"Tac" is starting to look good to me and Powder vly has it in stock.
Here are a couple of questions for the .308/Tac/175smk shooters.
1 Are you still using Tac and if not why?
2 How well did it meter say from a Dillon PM?
Thanks for your time.
Respectfully,
LG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lumpy grits</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 2 How well did it meter say from a Dillon PM?</div></div>

It's a ball powder, it meters very well.

Switch,
I am using 44.1 grains of TAC. Banshee and I were just talking about this yesterday. He said 43.1 because I informed him wrong. I did not have my book with me. Anyway, here is what I do,

44.1 grains TAC
Win Brass (prepped per Doc's routine)
CCI BR2 primer
175 SMK or 178 Amax
2.80 oal
Running around 2650 with the 175's and I have not chrono'd the 178's yet. This lines it up with my USO SSDS EREK Knob.
Shooting 1/2 MOA or better when I do my part.

I have shot some RE15 and it does great.
I have some Varget that I have not loaded out of but hear it is great.

I am not one to do a lot of load developement. I really like the TAC and it has became my primary. I have no reason to look any where else other than a secondary load.

And as others have said it meters great!

42.8gr TAC with 168gr AMAX, 2.830" COAL. 2680fps from 24" barrel. 3/4" 5-shot groups (About as well as I and the rifle can shoot). Haven't shot it in the summer yet, so don't know about temp. sensitivity.

As others stated, it's a ball powder and meters great.

I love TAC in my .223 with 75gr or heavier. Flows great through a Dillon die, something the varget does not like to do when feeding into small case necks like a .223.

I would do more with it in my .308 if I did not have shit loads of varget laying around.

Dont forget Ramshot Hunter for almost anything you use H4350 for.

I still run Tac, as I got an 8 pounder of it and it was doing fine. It may be a bit fast for the 175's as the load density is only in the low to mid 80% range. May want to try Big Game the next step slower. The load densisites will be higher and you may also pick up a bit of speed. I would at least get a single pound of each and give them a try. As far aas how well it meters. I pulled 20 rounds at randoem from 200 throws and had an wxtreme spread of less than .2. Of those 20 throws 17 of them were nuts on.

7000 grains per pound , the math is your part.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may pick some of this up for .223. Approx what quantity is needed for 2k rounds?</div></div>

Buy an 8 # jug, you'll have a little left over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wirehand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">7000 grains per pound , the math is your part.
cool.gif
</div></div>

Thanks! I probably shoulda Googled it before asking
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slickrick0999</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Switch,
I am using 44.1 grains of TAC. Banshee and I were just talking about this yesterday. He said 43.1 because I informed him wrong. I did not have my book with me. Anyway, here is what I do,

44.1 grains TAC
Win Brass (prepped per Doc's routine)
CCI BR2 primer
175 SMK or 178 Amax
2.80 oal
Running around 2650 with the 175's and I have not chrono'd the 178's yet. This lines it up with my USO SSDS EREK Knob.
Shooting 1/2 MOA or better when I do my part </div></div>

Interestingly: I kist took apart an ABT 175gr M118LR round, and it's basically the same. The power appears to be TAC, though to tell... But it burns at the same rate... AND was exactly 44.1gr!

42.0 grains of TAC result in very flat primers in my Crusader

Hornady match brass / or / FGMM
2.810" col
175 SMK

very accurate load, though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Insert Name Here</div><div class="ubbcode-body">42.0 grains of TAC result in very flat primers in my Crusader

Hornady match brass / or / FGMM
2.810" col
175 SMK

very accurate load, though </div></div>

I'm going to assume that both of those brass manufacturers have thick walled cases, but so should ABT.

That explain the pressure signs... At least partially.

I don't shoot the loads your interested in, but I have switched from Varget to TAC for all my rifle stuff. I like to keep things simple and not spend more time reloading than I do shooting.
I throw with a Harrels, and TAC measures really well in it. Varget would be off the mark by .2 grs up or down and you had to have great technique. The TAC throws, .05 either way and I don't really have to move the lever the same way every time. It saves tons of time, not pulling kernels out of a pile of powder or trickling up.
I noticed it seems to be quite a bit hotter than Varget, comparing the same weights. I was unable to get pressure signs in my AR's with Varget, but it's easy to do with TAC.
It's just as accurate in my gas guns, we will see for the bolt gun. I'm not losing sleep over it.

Yeah, TAC has turned out nice... I use the same powder measure.

When I use RL-15 or Varget, then I have two RCBS chargemasters and run them simultaneiously (sp?). Stick powder never measures well out of the Harrel, thought 4831SC is not as bad...

When I shot .308, I was into Ramshot Powders. I used TAC for 150/155gr loads, and Big Game for 168/175gr loads.

The slower burn rate with Big Game allowed me to fill the case further, providing a higher load density percentage. I felt that with all that shakin' goin' on with the M1A, the higher density allowed for more consistent ignition.

Good powders.

Greg