• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Random dropout problems Android PodBean

propeine

Wannabe Gun Plumber
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2012
Erie, Pa
Like many of you I listen on my commute. Does anyone else have Podbean just completely shut off then have to go back in and re-pick the episode? I know if I download it I have less problems than if I'm streaming but it is still obnoxious. Shouldn't be fiddling with my phone while driving after all.

On the same token, most the time when I first start my car up, Podbean will fire right back up where it left off when I shut the car off which is great. I can't seem to nail down the cause. It seems unrelated to my signal level.

Podcast is great which I've said privately to Frank and Mike both but needs said aloud as well!

Is there an advantage to using the podbean app? I’ve been listening on the Apple podcasts app with no issues.

try uninstalling and reinstalling it ?

Probably due to one of the millions of phone updates they post.

This is probably better suited to asking Podbean as we don't have any say in the app, it's just the platform we use.

I
try uninstalling and reinstalling it ?

Probably due to one of the millions of phone updates they post.

This is probably better suited to asking Podbean as we don't have any say in the app, it's just the platform we use.
I'll give it a go and send them feedback to see if they have any tips too. No big deal in the scheme of things. First world problems.

Thanks Frank.

"ignore audio focus requests"

I turned this off and it seemed to stop crashing. Only a test sample of two podcasts but it seems like at least my phone didn't know what to do if two things wanted to play a noise at once so it would crash out.

For what it's worth I started using the Google podcast app and have had better luck than with podbean.

Ive been having the same issue ever since I started listening to podcasts. I thought it was just an issue with my phone and connecting with my Ford work van. I've never had the "ignore audio focus requests" turned on and still had issues.

I'm going to try the Google podcast app and see if the problem continues.

Reactions: propeine
I have the same issues. Super annoying.

Didn't know Google had a podcast app - going to listen through that now!

im having similar issues with podbean..I download on wifi so I got them when I want..some of the episodes downloads super fast..some
just switch into failed download again and again and again..it seems like the ones that fail a lot are also super slow. Also some download fine but i cant play them. I recently did the
podbean upgrade..didn't help a thing. I didn't know there was another option for android..I'll try the google podcast app..Thanks for the info!

I used the Google podcast app today with my Motorola, listened to 2 Everyday Sniper podcasts and 1 from Mike Drop and no drops. I think I found my new podcast listening app.