• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Random question: Please give me the exact dimensions of an 8 pound jug of Varget?

HumbleEinstein

Minuteman
Sep 17, 2013
Virginia
I know it's random. I need to find an airtight container for the jug and some other stuff, so I need the exact dimensions. Thanks.

With the assumption that Hodgdon uses the same 8lb jug for all powders, as the few that I have (H4895 and H110..unfortunately, I only have pounders of Varget) all measure the same...

Length: 7"
Width: 4.75"
Height: 10.5"

As a fair warning.. I did this with a tape measure. The jug is able to be smushed some, but any time I fell close to a quarter inch mark, I rounded to it up to it.

Now... Since you know the dimensions, please PM for my address where you are going to be sending me an 8lb jug of Varget, legally, to my door! :D. And the other goodies I'm sure will be acceptable as well.

Last edited:
I get those same dimensions on H481SC and H1000 so they most likely are all the same.

L