• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Randy ('HateCA') of RD Precision is fantastic to work with and a true class act!

BigBrother

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2007
New England
Hey guys, haven't posted on here in years but wanted to swing by to give much deserved credit to Randy of RD Precision (HateCA on here- a long time member). You can see his custom work at R&D Precision | Awesome Gunsmithing Services.

I'm in LA for a few weeks and decided to give a Randy a call to see if I could swing by to just shoot the proverbial s%#t and talk all things shop and bang bang. I had sent my rifle to him a while ago for some minor work and we have a good rapport.

Anyway, he invited me into his home/shop and spent hours chatting with me about every topic related to shooting (and then some). We went over stocks, optics, actions, barrels, triggers, local ranges, etc. etc. etc. There was no real reason for the trip except to do a face to face with a man who had answered many of my questions on here and over email with real honesty and clarity.

I handled Randy's custom actions, bolt knobs, bottom metal, flash hiders, and some of his in-progress builds. It was a real delight and you could tell the man not only enjoys what he does, but really the process of building things and discussing his art with fellow shooters. I only had to leave due to my time constraint- he would have gladly spoken with me for hours more.

I already had Randy/RD at the top of my short list of builders for the day I need such services, but this face to face meeting really solidified things for me. Just imagine a great range day meeting a like-minded shooter, then imagine that shooter also happens to build people the precision rifle of their dreams.

If he's free, seek him out for your work- I guarantee you'll be pleased.

Last edited:
I've been keeping him in mind for trying my action in my 300WM. Last I heard he wasn't taking anymore work. Is he caught up?

Randy is top notch. Family issues have kept him off the board in recent history, but he is a great smith and a true innovator.

Another bump for Randy, he is an awesome dude. I would not completely trust but a handful of builders on here that have absolutely no CS issues spoken about them, and Randy is one of the good ones. If he is free absolutely consider him for a build.

Randy is a class act! He shared a lot of wisdom here. "Got M700?"

Randy built me an awesome 260 on a 700 action. Love that rifle.. Im planning on having him build my next rifle, hopefully sometime next year!!