• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Randy Travis. Amazing Grace. Amazing comeback.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    He was given only a 1-2% chance of recovery. His wife took the odds.

Randy Travis’ Remarkable Comeback: Defying the Odds with a Powerful Performance​

Renowned country music artist Randy Travis, despite the devastating stroke he suffered years ago, continues to captivate audiences with his hauntingly beautiful voice. In a moving tribute to his fellow country music icon George Jones, Travis delivered an unforgettable rendition of “Amazing Grace” that sent shivers down my spine.
    Brooklyn-Triplett.jpg

Taking the stage at the Grand Ole Opry, Travis stood illuminated by a mesmerizing backdrop of blue and purple lights. Joined by his peers, including Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, and Travis Tritt, he paid homage to the late George Jones, leaving the audience spellbound.
    Travis’ journey to this remarkable moment has been one of perseverance and the unwavering support of his devoted fans, as his wife Mary openly shares. Reflecting on her husband’s challenging stroke, Mary acknowledges the tremendous impact that loyal fans have had during this difficult time.
    4246139623_79fdebd705_k.jpg

Back in July 2013, Randy Travis was rushed to a Dallas hospital due to complications from viral cardiomyopathy. The stroke he suffered necessitated brain surgery, pushing him into a coma. Physicians held a bleak outlook, estimating his chances of survival at a mere 1% to 2%.
    In the face of such dire circumstances, it seemed futile to prolong his life. The doctors directly posed the question to Mary Davis Travis: What did she want to achieve? The option of discontinuing life support and allowing her husband to pass peacefully was presented to her.
    randytravis-1-1-4d00c2bf8d1140d69f4b19fe75c42a8e.jpg

Yet, Mary defied convention and chose a different path. Recognizing her husband’s indomitable spirit, she couldn’t bear the thought of turning off the respirators. Against the medical odds, she fervently prayed, pleading with God to bring Randy back, in any form.
    B3-DY900_RANDY0_P_20190510140921.jpg

“I prayed earnestly, ‘God, please reunite us, however that may be,'” Mary recalls, recounting her emotional plea.
    In the face of tremendous adversity, Randy Travis’ story serves as a testament to the power of hope and the human spirit. His awe-inspiring performance at the Grand Ole Opry reminds us that resilience and determination can defy even the bleakest of odds. Through the unwavering support of his loved ones and his devoted fans, Randy Travis continues to defy expectations, inspiring us all with his incredible comeback.

“We consider ourselves blessed and grateful for where we are. We don’t know what God has planned for us after this recovery, but for now, we’re just thankful to be here and living a different chapter,” Mary shared. “We’re happy to serve wherever we’re needed and, although Randy dreams of returning to the stage one day, we’re simply enjoying life and feeling grateful for where we are now.”
    Since experiencing his stroke, Randy has been dependent on a wheelchair. However, he has shown remarkable progress and can now independently walk short distances. Furthermore, his passion for music remains deeply rooted, and he has actively pursued his musical endeavors.
    maxresdefault.jpg

In recognition of his enduring contributions, Randy was rightfully inducted into the prestigious Country Music Hall of Fame in 2016. His life’s journey, as his wife affirms, has been a blend of hardships and moments of sheer beauty.
    Despite the lingering effects of aphasia, Randy’s determination and prayers have fueled his pursuit to regain his former brilliance. The following performance serves as a testament to his unwavering efforts and ongoing recovery.

God bless Randy Travis. He has had some difficulties, including alcohol, which led him to getting trouble a few times in Tioga, near to where he lives.

Reactions: Maggot
    I've listened to him since I was a kid. We walked off the aisle to Forever and Ever Amen, one of my favorites of his.

Reactions: Ronws
    I've listened to him since I was a kid. We walked off the aisle to Forever and Ever Amen, one of my favorites of his.
    That is my favorite song of his.

"As long as old men sit and talk about the weather,
    As long as old women sit and talk about old men ..."

His songs are also part of the sound track of my youth. And he was in a movie with Patrick Swazy so double awesome.
    Great voice and real human struggles.

Reactions: Faronth
    And I remember him in an episode of Matlock with Andy Griffith.

That is my favorite song of his.

"As long as old men sit and talk about the weather,
    As long as old women sit and talk about old men ..."
    Yep, mine too. Nobody knew what to think when our pastor started singing it, and he did a helluva job too. By the end, everyone was clapping and singing along.