• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range day with my Tac Ops Lima.... (Pics)

savage110

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2009
USA
Well I got too shoot my Tac Ops Lima 63 today and its a shooter!

I did a ladder test with IMR 4064 and SMK 168's and settled on 47.8 grs as it gave me the best accuracy... I have not messed with seating yet and just loaded them up to sierra's handbook OAL. I also did not sort brass or bullets... I have some Amax 168's and will be testing those to see which gives me the most accurate load next week, I will also be working up loads for the 178 and 208 amax's as soon as I can get my hands on some....

Load was CCI 200 primers, Win brass, 47.8 grs IMR 4064 and SMK 168. at 2710-2720 FPS out of my barrel

Limagroup.jpg

.363.5-.308 + .<span style="font-weight: bold">055MOA</span> Thats roughly <span style="color: #FF0000">1/18MOA</span>
crazy.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">BTW this was witnessed by 2 hide members...</span>

Well I think found my load and will be shooting some 5 shot groups next week.
Some more pics of the rifle:

Lima25.jpg

Lima26.jpg

Lima27.jpg

Also got to meet and shoot with the crew from Tactical Concealment. It was a pleasure meeting you guys, for anyone looking for a ghillie, these guys got it down to the science! I got to see some prototypes and some of their current lineup, very impressive stuff.

Re: Range day with my Tac Ops Lima.... (Pics)

BTW this was done at 100yds in the prone position of a bipod and rear bag.

That's a tight group! Tac Ops does it again! Your rifle is one of the better looking custom Savages I've seen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, nice shooting </div></div>
I take no credit, its the rifle, I just pull the trigger!
Things a laser!

When I grow up and get a great job I want one of those

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovain1932</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I grow up and get a great job I want one of those </div></div>^^^ WTH?? Is that suppose to mean. OP is 15.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmcMT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovain1932</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I grow up and get a great job I want one of those </div></div>^^^ WTH?? Is that suppose to mean. OP is 15. </div></div>

shocked.gif
OMG the lucky kid, Im sixteen and dont even have a factory remington to play with........
frown.gif
I better start saving them dad gum pennys. But I got a Ruger to play with, that hold me over.

Scott

Same difference

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmcMT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovain1932</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I grow up and get a great job I want one of those </div></div>^^^ WTH?? Is that suppose to mean. OP is 15. </div></div>
Not really.

ANYWHO..... Good shooting buddy, and nice stick. How much that thing cost ya if you dont mind me asking??

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scotts556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ANYWHO..... Good shooting buddy, and nice stick. How much that thing cost ya if you dont mind me asking??

Scott </div></div>
Thanks for the compliment.
You should call and ask Mike for pricing.

That is the smallest TacOps group I've ever seen. Which I guess could mean it's the smallest group I've ever seen... congrats on the one-of-a-kind rifle and good shooting!

Man that thing shoots like shit, why don't you just sell it to me and put the money toward a quality build....

I wish

what kind of scope is on your rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SkySoldier25</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what kind of scope is on your rifle? </div></div>
NF NXS 3.5x15x50