• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Range day

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
Got a busted rib healing but still decided to go out and set my Zero since my ST-10 is back on my rifle ...

Took my g/f and her 22 (I gave her my uncles Savage)...shot some 9mm and 38 and then off to 100.

First shot I did not see so I cranked elevation down, saw that hole, cranked up and right, then shot a group, then dialed in and shot another group and was doing good.

But I shot all 50 rds within an hour, barrel was quite toasty as were my ribs...

Shooting from prone with broken ribs hurts - so the target was less than glorious.

Range1.jpg

Range2.jpg

Range3.jpg

Range4.jpg

Range5.jpg

Range6.jpg

Re: Range day

That ST10 looks huge! 44 I presume?

50 in an hour, wow I throw 20 and think I am too fast but mostly short supply on ammo, got to enjoy the time on the trigger.

Your range looks way too busy for me, been living in seclusion too long, hard to deal with people on a range. Plus all the confinement of structures would enhance the report.

Broke my ribs in 86 from a fall in the mountains, had a flailed chest. I cannot describe the pain of broken ribs. Sneezing and coughing would put me into shock for near a month afterwards. I was doped up for 3 days on best rest then 2 weeks on the couch with drugs. It was 6 months before I was back to health.

Nice job on the trigger especially with pain in the ribs.

Good luck! Heal fast!

The 50 was excessive - used to do 20-25 shots at 1k then switch and do pits - then come back so at the end of the day I shot 60+sighters (Generally 62 to 65 rds) - barrel was HOT.

Yesterday was just trying to get max trigger time - I peaked on the two groups then went downhill from there....

ribs hurt a bit today but it's healing....hence why I"m flying RC more now....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That ST10 looks huge! 44 I presume?

50 in an hour, wow I throw 20 and think I am too fast but mostly short supply on ammo, got to enjoy the time on the trigger.

Your range looks way too busy for me, been living in seclusion too long, hard to deal with people on a range. Plus all the confinement of structures would enhance the report.

</div></div>

Ya I shoot better if I shoot quickly but not rushed = if I sit there doing all teh breathing etc I will invariably lose confidence and throw a shot- I proved that one over and over again on the 4 black circles, the third one I snap shot and it ws damn close...

The range is too busy - that's nazi city - friggin safety nazi's there but the other range is all ipsec for the summer - damn hard to get into on the weekends..

With the hood canal bridge opened again I'll be heading up to the clear cuts weekend after this one, throw some out at 1000 ..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Ya I shoot better if I shoot quickly but not rushed = if I sit there doing all teh breathing etc I will invariably lose confidence and throw a shot- I proved that one over and over again on the 4 black circles, the third one I snap shot and it ws damn close... </div></div>

I understand, seems like when I am on I get into a rhythm and shots go down range fast but not hurried. If I slow down and think, I get fliers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The range is too busy - that's nazi city - friggin safety nazi's there but the other range is all ipsec for the summer - damn hard to get into on the weekends.. </div></div>

Our state run range down in Anchorage is out of control with power trips. One guy walks around with his "Wilson Combat on his hip and such an air about him. The RO and this guy would rather yell than converse.

Some rules:
10 round mag capacity, yes they stand there and count.
No rapid fire to mock full auto.
No 50 BMG, period.
Semi auto rifles are limited, only a set amount can be on the range at a time.
Do not show up with an AK, they will make your time there difficult until you leave.

The good thing is, Alaska has vast open terrain, got to drive these days awhile but....