• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range equipment belt

gol1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2008
ISRAEL
Hi all

Looking for recommendations for a range battle belt, the belt will be used mostly on range but also with my plate carrier when I am on duty, it will have to hold 2-3 M4 5.56 mags, 2-3 glock 19 mags, utility pouch for peltor comtac headphones and eye protection, and first aid.

I'll be happy to hear recommendations.

Thank you!

Viking Tactics makes a nice one. Pair it with some G Code mag holders. I tried to save some money and bought a cheaper Chicom knockoff, but it has plastic buckles. Get around some barricades and give it some abuse and the buckles break. Wish I hadn’t been a tight wad and bought the good belt from the start. Plus when you are buying from VT you are supporting a business owned by a retired Army guy, so that’s a bonus.

Reactions: ken4570tc in WY
Supporting veterans is very important point for me, I am even happier that I chose Viking rifle sling, thanks for letting me know

AWS

Here is why.......

Reactions: AMGtuned
I use HSGI at work and love it. Get the slim padded laser cut belt and it will fit below most armor.

The HSGI Belts are my favorite, I've owned the Suregrip and own the Laser SureGrip, both great inner and outer belts

I'd only suggest an HSGI/battle belt if you have body armor. Other than that, a belt like the RDR instructor/Ronin belts are by far the best.

If you are going to wear the belt OVER clothing go HSGI and be sure to get suspenders. Saw a guy almost get his jeans stripped to his knees last class, it was at least a 3/4 full moon.

If you are shirt tucked in/up with nothing between your belt loops and the belt go with a inner/outer belt combo.

If you shoot in different climates with different clothing levels you need to own both belt styles.

Of the two you will find the two belt combo the most "solid" and functional mount. It will provide better clearance under any carrier or chest rig you may be wearing.

I really like the AWS belt system

because the movable panels let you put gear where you want it not where the manufacturer put the molle and also because @TheGerman uses that belt and he never goes poor.

Note the seemingly cheap price of the AWS quickly disappears once you start buying the panels to make it functional.

Edit/ADD - because the inner belt of the AWS is two inches and likely wont fit your usual pants you will also want to buy something like this....

to fit your pants belt loops.

Last edited:
I hate all of you! ?. I use battle belts at work and have always used the HSGI I mentioned above. Now I’m reading about AWS and RDR and I obviously need to buy them to try them out because....reasons. This damn forum costs me more money than a marine poker game.

Thank you all very much for all the information and experience, I really appreciate it.

I will post my setup as soon ad I decide on it.

Thanks!!

Reactions: bourbonbent
I have a Volund Micro Battle Belt, and stuck an HSGI padded liner on the inside. My best friend has the same thing, but with an inner belt instead of the liner, and I think that’s the better of the two. I’m ditching my liner for an inner belt, but the belt itself is fucking awesome.

It’s the golden age of solid nylon. Pick something from a well known and respected maker, and go with it. If you end up not liking it, just sell it and try another one.

Here’s some pics:

39E6E0BD-C6AA-41F3-AF2D-E2249E86F79C.jpeg

3567FE6F-762C-411D-8B29-51295B4CBCB2.jpeg

66782CD3-E615-46FE-8816-6B972BA88F66.jpeg

4B785067-953E-402A-B6AA-9ACBDA688CFA.jpeg

4B99B31C-A214-452B-973E-9AB3D12D30A9.jpeg

I typically just buy stuff when it’s on sale or I find a good deal, so everything is mismatched. Don’t care. Have a Paraclete Barrett mag pouch behind the pistol for sticking AI mags in, it’ll hold a lot of them. Dumper because it’s a convenient place to stick shit, tools, etc while on the range.

I’m probably going to have to get a smaller one, I lost a bit of weight and this thing is barely fitting now

Good luck with your decision! Belts are real convenient.