• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range finder and binocular mount?

Lofty

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2008
Lenexa KS
So I have a pair of Swaros that I use on a RRS BH55 ball head. I also have a Kilo 2400 that I would like to mount right next to it.

Does anyone make a mount system to adapt the LRF and a spotter or binos right next to each other?

I imagine something like this would work. A rail/bar that we make, with a clamp on one end and a mini-ballhead on the other. We make multipurpose rails different sizes and some have a clamp actually milled into them so you don't have to buy another one. There are less expensive solutions then this and more expensive. Just depends on how craycray you wanna get.

Attachments

• photo70769.jpg
    photo70769.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for the input guys.

So I'd like to keep it fairly simple...... What could I mount both my Swaro bino adapter and the Kilo range finder adapter to that would then mount directly to the top of my RRS ball head so that both the binos and the RF and fixed pointing in the exact same direction but can swivel on top of the ball head?

What about something like the MPR-CL II rail that has a clamp on one end? If you have your Swaros on a mount with an Arca plate you could clamp them there and also have quick and easy release, then use one of the open mounting holes to screw down the Kilo? (or vise versa).

You could also add a Mini Clamp package or one of the FAS lever clamps so you could have dual clamps for both the rangefinder and the binos.

Last edited:
What about something like the MPR-CL II rail that has a clamp on one end? If you have your Swaros on a mount with an Arca plate you could clamp them there and also have quick and easy release, then use one of the open mounting holes to screw down the Kilo? (or vise versa).

Yep, that is what i mean by going a little cheaper, The problem with that open is there are not as many threaded options to mount your secondary piece, also you do not have the availability in length options.

Lofty
Here is 3 of the 7 or so options.

From left to right:
MPR-CL ll with a Mini-Clamp Package installed. 250$ without considering the plates for each of your products.
7.1" Cinema Rail with FAS clamp on one end and a BC-18 ballhead on the other. 336$ only option that enable you to co witness with your main product.
MPR-192. 75$ you could run 1/4"x 20 screws up through the bottom and directly screw on your products, definitely the cheapest but crude.

Attachments

• photo70772.jpg
    photo70772.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 36
  • photo70773.jpg
    photo70773.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 35
  • photo70774.jpg
    photo70774.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 29