• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Range finder for $400

Re: Range finder for $400

Nikon Monarch Gold 1200. Can be had for under $400 new. I had one and it ranged right alongside a Leica 1200. Neither of which can compete with the Swarovski for the money. Non-reflective on antelope it was good to 700 or so, reflective to 1200 easy and quick. Has a toggle from meters to yards without a rescan. Nice unit, I would use one again...

Dave

For under $400 we like the Bushnell Elite 1500. Haven't put a new Monarch Gold 1200 through it's paces but the very first Nikon LRFs were pretty bad. Wouldn't surprise me to see Nikon improve in response to customer feedback.

The Bushy has been around the longest of all big name Asian manufacturer and the bugs have been worked out.

Scott

Go with the Leica. Much better glass than the Nikon. I had a Nikon that broke. Nikon's CS is worthless. I now have a Leica that has great glass (I can actually see when it gets a little dark).

-dan

+1 for the Bushy Elite 1500. I got mine for $300 and it works great.

just got purchesed a 1500/w arc for 330.00, then got 10% cashback from Microsoft. Swwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeettt deal!!!

If you can find a new or used Leica 1200 scan it should run in the 400 dollar price range and serve you admirably .