• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Finders

ocherp

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2006
Gilbert, AZ
Trying to decide between the Leupold RX-IV Digital Laser Rangefinder and Bushnell Elite® 1600 ARC Laser Rangefinder. They're both in the same price range more or less, about $450-500. Just wondering if you guys have a preference between the two. Been looking at the specs which are also pretty close. What do you guys think?

Re: Range Finders

Leica 10X42 Binos with the range option.
A much better way to go than the options you have listed.
Yes, they are $2,400 but in the end you will be much happier.
Buy once, cry once.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mclevela</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leica 10X42 Binos with the range option.
A much better way to go than the options you have listed.
Yes, they are $2,400 but in the end you will be much happier.
Buy once, cry once. </div></div>

Lol. I love posts like this. He says he's looking at a leopold or bushnell $450-500 range finder, and you tell him to buy a different brand for 5 times the price. Good job being helpful.

I've been looking at picking up something similar to the op. From reading reviews I'm gonna go with a used bushnel and save some money. You can pick up a used arc 1600 for about $300.

100th post!

I have the bushnell 1200 arc and have never had a problem with it. I can range 1154 while holding it, Which is pretty good considering the other 3 brands I have used were well under the advertised distance unless the stars aligned perfectly and it was on a tripod on a cloudy day. Mine has a couple useless features but I think the 1600 elite would serve you well

I've got the Bushnell 1600 ARC. I've ranged out to 1500 yards with them on a tree. They work way better than the Leica 1200 RF that I used to own. My only gripe is that the lenses have a slight blue tint. But for the money, they can't be beat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got the Bushnell 1600 ARC. I've ranged out to 1500 yards with them on a tree. They work way better than the Leica 1200 RF that I used to own. My only gripe is that the lenses have a slight blue tint. But for the money, they can't be beat.</div></div>

same 4 me, my lica would crap out at 800 on grass hills... my 1600 arc will do 1800+ on trees, did 1770 on a grass hill

Absolutely the Bushnell ARC 1600. Mine will also range trees reliably out to 1700yds

How small of a item can the ARC 1600 range? Maybe a comparisson of the reticle. Our store has the Swaro and the Leica 1600. I like the Leica's reticle a lot better as its easier to get on target at 1600 yards plus. I got both to range to 1854 on a small shed but I need something that will range that on a 15" disc. We have the Bushy on order but so far nothing has come in.

thanks.

I use and love the Bushnell 1600 ARC, the angle adjustment for distance is spot on and the unit ranges better than the Nikon and earlier Bushnell I had. I just find the glass a little tinted is all. Also battery life is excellent!

I've got the Fusion 1600 Arc bino's and ranged trees and buildings out to over 1800 yards. Fantastic bit of kit, very impressed with them.

have the RX-IV and its ok. The furthest I have ranged while hunting is 750 yards (further than I would shoot, so its ok in that regard). It has a million settings which are fun to mess with but kinda time consuming. Stuff like rain, which ranging rect, temp, up-hill/down-hill compensation, and the ballistic calculator for different preloaded calibers. Worked decent for my 300 win mag.

I up-graded to the Swaro (hit a tree at 1990 yards) and if you want my Luppy for a good deal, PM me. Still in great working order. Might need new batteries.

Regards,
DT

Leupold is not the best LRF for the money.
Forget about ranging game at long rang.

I tried some ranging out the front door of a gun store and quickly brought it back inside.

I would buy the LRF Bushnell over Leupold any day...And I don't like Bushnell!

I had some Leupold rangefinders and they sucked. I don't have any experience with the Bushnells but they seem to have a cult following around here. I would go with those in that price range.

I have the new Swaro bino rangefinders and love having both binos and rangefinder in one. I know those are way over the price point you are looking at but Bushnell has the Fusion 1600 ARC 10x42 binos with rangefinder for a couple hundred dollars more than what your looking at. Might be worth looking into.