• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes range finding bino question

offroadr1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2007
alabama, birmingham
my buddy has a nice set of leica rangefinding binos. i have borrowed them and the are clear and i get a great view though them. but, i am colorblind so about 50% of the time i cant see the targeting square and about 75% of the time i cant read the report. so my question is, what similar product is available that may be more colorblind friendly? if i remember him saying correctly the leica has a red readout. im looking for something with maybe a bolder color or brighter display. i dont know of anyone else around me that has some i can try out to see if they are any better so i was hoping to get some insight here. my intended use would be for target shooting out to 1k and hunting usually under 500yards.

Re: range finding bino question

It's not as good as the leica but the Nikon rangefinders have a black reticle.

Re: range finding bino question

as long as it is accurate to 1k ill be happy. i guess im gonna have to see what local shops carry them. no too much to chose from around here that i know of.