• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range HIGH Shooter!

GySgt New River

GYSGT/USMC
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2007
Biloxi, MS
During the past 2 weeks I was on grass week and then firing week at Stone Bay Marine Corps Rifle Range. My scores from ALPHA RANGE are below in case anyone cares. I was firing a M16A2 Service Rifle, True Zero was 11 clicks down on the front sight post and center on the rear sight windage at 200, 300 and 500 yard lines. Wind calls did not exceed 10 clicks at the 500 yard line. This was my 5th Expert Award and I hold the AMOS 0933 Combat Marksmanship Coach in the Marine Corps.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">200 YARD LINE: </span></span>
Sitting position, slow fire, 5 rounds, 5 minutes. All in the 5 ring = 25 out of 25
Kneeling position, slow fire, 5 rounds, 5 minutes. All in the 5 ring = 25 out of 25
Standing position, slow fire, 5 rounds, 5 minutes. 4 in the 5 ring, 1 in the 4 ring = 24 out of 25
From standing to sitting position, rapid fire, 10 rounds, 60 seconds. 8 in the 5 ring, 2 in the 4 ring = 48 out of 50

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">300 YARD LINE: </span></span>
Sitting position, slow fire, 5 rounds, 5 minutes. All in the 5 ring = 25 out of 25
From standing to prone position, rapid fire, 10 rounds, 60 seconds. 8 in the 5 ring, 2 in the 4 ring = 48 out of 50

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">500 YARD LINE: </span></span>
Prone position, slow fire, 10 rounds, 10 minutes. 8 in the 5 ring, 1 in the 4 ring, and 1 in the 2 ring = 46 out of 50

<span style="font-weight: bold">TOTAL SCORE 241 out of 250 WHICH RATED ME THE RANGE HIGH SHOOTER FOR ALPHA RANGE!!!! </span>

Also, in case you gents didn't know they have incorporated field fire (table 2) into the range scores now. So, if you shot a low Expert and then a low field fire score you could be knocked down to high Sharpshooter.

Just so happens I shot a 99 out of 100 on Table 2 as well!

<span style="font-weight: bold">FIELD FIRE IS NO LONGER A HIT OR MISS SITUATION! It gets added to your overall score!
I ended up shooting a 340 out of a total possible 350!</span>