• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Range Report - new rig built by Mark Pharr

G

Specs:

Rem 700 SA
HS stock with palm swell (textured by me and Marinetex)
CDI Bottom Metal
stock trigger (Wil tuned to 2.5 lbs)
Brux 24" barrel - MTU contour - 1:11 twist
NF 33 MOA base
Badger rings
NF NXS 5.5-22x56 NP-R1 Reticle
TIS Sling
Harris pod with Phoenix Tactical large PodClaws w/ Pod Lock
Karsten cheek rest

P1000934.jpg

P1000935.jpg

P1000938.jpg

***As some people know, I just recently underwent shoulder reconstruction on my firing side. All groups below were shot off-handed. I will post a follow up to this when I can get back 100% use of my strong side, so you guys can see the true capability of Mark's handiwork...

The first 10 rounds out of her. The first was off the page by 1.5 inches, after my halfassed look down the barrel boresighting job. 2nd round on the top right. 3 and 4 at 3 O Clock. 6-10 in the bull:

P1000940.jpg

10 round group - 200 yards:

P1000944.jpg

10 round group - 300 yards:

P1000945.jpg

The rifle was done by Mark Pharr, of Tumbleweeds Custom Rifles. Mark is a heck of a great gunsmith as well as a heck of a nice guy. I tend to be pretty quirky about my rifles. Mark was patient with me through all my BS. Mark was also very timely with his work. Despite having a very busy workload, he was able to get my rig to me within 4 weeks.

The rifle shoots great and feels great. Looks pretty sexy too.
laugh.gif

I would also like to take the time to thank:

Karsten - makes the best cheek rest in the game
Phoenix Tactical - Cheese machines PodClaws to perfection
CDI - Jeff is a lifesaver and a heck of a great guy to work with. I'll never use any other bottom metal.
Wil - stubby Irish guy knows his way around a trigger

I cant recommend these guys highly enough.

Re: Range Report - new rig built by Mark Pharr

There's a shooter for you! Nice looking rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I told you man...

</div></div>

I don't know what you just said man... but you're special. Really, you reached out...and you touched me deeply

Awesome rifle,glad to see your recovering and out getting trigger time.

It almost looks like fingers were used to smudge the paint for the camo design, is that right, or am I way off? Looks real nice by the way.

Did you add any wieght to the buttstock, good lookin stick

Have any closeups of the CDI DBM? I'm thinking about getting one...

Bro if you can bore sight @100, your eyes are better than mine.

Now save your $$ and drop it in a Manners etc

I cant be as fancy as you Karl.
laugh.gif
Truth be told, Ive shot Manners and McMillians. I'll keep mine over either of em. Just used to it, I guess.

Stock definitely got a little extra to it.

Conqueror, I'll take a few before the better half gets home and post em up.

Tactical DVD usage to hold the gun upside down...

P1000953.jpg

P1000954.jpg

P1000955.jpg

P1000956.jpg

P1000960.jpg

P1000961.jpg

And, Troskie, in those, you can see how natural foliage was used for the paint job. (a Wil trick I picked up somewhere...)

Shag

Manners T1 fancy??......

About time for a eagle peak meet up and Shoot, couple more weeks i should be good....lets play

The pics don't do it justice here. It's tremendous, and it shoots well. It's convinced me to do the CDI bottom metal in the future on one of my guns. Thanks for letting me shoot it. The only bad part - will I ever look at my Leupolds the same way, after using a NF? Hahahaha...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adventurer_96</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...will I ever look at my Leupolds the same way, after using a NF? Hahahaha... </div></div>

You have been changed forever... You are no linger part of the unwashed...lol

Karl, sounds good to me bro. My mother and Heidi's mother are in town this weekend for Mother's Day, but Im free next weekend for some range time.

And, yes, fancy. You win the "coolest rig" award hands down.

Right on! I can give prop's to Mark as well. He has built/ tweak'd/ modified may things for me over the past 12 years..... and it is always done right!

Wil, No, but I was eyeing it a bit while there.

Is that your Fluted Bartlein .243 R5..... I was trying to get him to sell it to me but he said another local owned it?

nah...

I got no builds there right now... I'm usually there loading his ammo... or tuning a trigger... or doing grunt work when it's not a BS session...lol

Mark is working on my surgeon right now and I cant wait to see it when he is done! I heard nothing but great things about him.

I must say.. that is a NICE setup he's working on...

I've handled it a few times... very nice kit.

Should look really good when it's done... and shoot even better...