• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report. REM700

kentactic

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
Southern, CA
I finally got my first .308 together and zero'd it this morning.. fired 20 rounds through it.. amazingly that fucker was almost dead on from the first shot @ 85 yards with cold bore even though i was messing with the turrets and spun them randomly...

second shot went low so i adjusted up and then a couple clicks left and i was pretty close... so shots 11,12, and 13 are the group you see in the picture. id say its a sub MOA gun easily... in all honesty i think with a more accomplished shooter this thing will shoot sub .5 moa all day... the group from center of the two furthest rounds is under 3/8 of an inch... and for the record i was aiming at the #9... oh and i said i was going to show my group using the metric system...(totally forgot).. thats a .9525 cm group!...

after this group i went one click left and packed up. i left it shooting a tad high since i was only shooting at 85 yards. well see later if that was the correct action or not ill probably take it out tomorrow for longer shots... im pretty pleased being brand new to the high powered bolt action scoped family...

005.jpg

003.jpg

Re: Range Report. REM700

Looks like you're off to a good start!!

Re: Range Report. REM700

Kentactic,

Great group & sharp looking rifle. Is this a straight from the box factory setup or have you modded anything like trigger? I can't tell from the pic, what scope is that??

The Rem700's are a blast & great bang for the buck! The vast majority of my rifle collection is either Rem 700 or customs on a Rem 700 footprint.

Good shooting!
Logan