• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Range Report Remington 700 VTR, in 204 Ruger

Rosco P

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2009
Raleigh, NC USA
No pics, sorry.

This rifle is factory stock. I haven't even lightened the trigger yet. I have a not too special 9x scope on it, until I can sneak another Mk4 into the house.

Shooting Hornady 32gr v-max.

76 degrees. 10mph variable winds.

100 yards.

Best group for me was .4 right on the money spot. I had 3 other groups, all below 1 MOA.

There is more left in it. I was shooting from an uncomfortable, unstable bench.

I posted this because I know the VTR catches a lot of crap. I love it.

I have it in .308 as well and it was shooting <.5 at 100 right out of the box. Of course, Leupold Mk4's 20x help with that...

Re: Range Report Remington 700 VTR, in 204 Ruger

Sure it's a fine rifle but gimmicks like a 3 sided barrel and holes in the foreend do nothing to improve performance and do provoke some giggles among those of us who own 50 year old 722s in 222 rem that shoot just as well.

Re: Range Report Remington 700 VTR, in 204 Ruger

Well, do you also snicker at microwave ovens and plasma tvs? You could make perfectly good oatmeal and watch archie bunker on your console color picture box.

Those holes are called a compensator. There is no physical way they do not reduce recoil and barrel rise.

Next time, keep the snooty shit to yourself.