• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Range Report" - Sig 226 in 22lr

Mudcat-NC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2009
Western NC
Well, this was the 2nd 22 rimfire firearm we got to test out yesterday. We unboxed it, loaded it and proceeded to run about 500 rounds thru it during the day. Again, like with the Ak47, all Federal Wally world red box el cheap crap.

Looks and feel: Sig got a winner here. The Mosquito feels like a kids pellet gun, but this one, oh no, its feels like the real deal, just missing the heft of a fully loaded mag full of 9mms. Most folks thought it was a 9mm when I uncased it from the full size blue Sig box. Sights are the real deal, accessory rail, the works. The mags, now they seem cheap as crap and are just basically oversized plastic hulls. Not sure why they arent more than 10 rounds, but thats all they are and one even had some plastic mold residue still on the feed lips. Took a pocket knife and cut that away and went to shooting. Other than the el cheapo looking/feeling mags, this one is just like a full size 226 in 9mm and you wont notice its a 22 till you see the bbl or the chamber area.

Function - almost perfect. With the one weird mag as described above, we would get a 2nd round jam or failure to feed now and then. Otherwise, it ate up the crap ammo like a fat chick at a chinese buffet!

Accuracy. - dunno, as we never bothered to put up a paper target, instead everyone was just happy as clams shooting up various other targets of opportunity, including floating 12 ga shotgun hulls as distances that seemed to be a bit outrageous but this thing zipped them in there. I suspect target accuracy will be more than adequate...but yesterday just wasnt a paper punching day.

So, for the day, with new guns, we went 2 for 2, both winners. The Sig isnt cheap though, at about $500 street price, give or take, its not going to be in every stocking this Xmas, but, for the $$, it had noone thinking it was "overpriced" for what you got....a full size, real mccoy Sig in a cheap to shoot caliber. Great practice pistol. If you got the jack, dont be afraid to spend it on it cause its not like the ammo picky Mosquito.

John

Re: "Range Report" - Sig 226 in 22lr

Had similar mag problems with my 229/22LR. Mine was EVERY 4th round
mad.gif
Had to send it in but, they e-mailed me a UPS Next Day Air label and had it back in 6 days!! GREAT CS!! The cheap Wally ammo was GTG all day and my accuracy was great considering the ammo.

I also like the "feel" apposed to the Mosquito. The "kid's pellet gun" analogy and ammo preferences is right on. I can't complain about the price especially since it came with a certificate for a full conversion voucher + $400 to get your pick of 9mm, 357 Sig or 40 S/W. I called and asked the tech about the components and it is all new w/black SS slide.

Anyway, a great trainer in my book.

Re: "Range Report" - Sig 226 in 22lr

I bought the Sig 220 in 22 LR. today. Hope it shoots as well as it feels & handles. I have the coupon for the 45 kit filled out & ready to send to Sig....lol/.