• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range time and a bit of a comp

Advokaten

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2007
Malmö, Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
Yupp got some range time yesterday,

as most other guys life is a bit hectic and when a window appears I go for it, regardless of weather.

Well yesterday we had winds in the 10-15 m/s and a lot of snow.

100 meters prone,

resultat100meter-1.jpg

200 meters, ny click are off, I dialed in 11 but ought to have kept my self to 8.

resultat200meter-1.jpg

the wind took me for a ride, the target said from left to right but along the range it was mostly from right to left, I shot for group not for POI. about 1 MOA

300 meters well of on the klicks and two high flyers.

resultat300meter-1.jpg

I am just going to blame my self for that one and the rush I was shooting under, all shots taken as fast as possible.

300metersnstorm.jpg

Down range in a snowstorm.

300metersvallen-1.jpg

Well I can only get better.

Best regards Chris

Re: Range time

New range day,

100 yards work,

shot two small forum comps that a great shot an inspiration here in Sweden has made up for us,

resultatfortsttningsvningar-1.jpg

a short course of know your limits, called shots, CBS and timed shot,

and then another comp/training aid a lot like the one you guys have

hear

mnadstrffenmars-1.jpg

banan.jpg

this is a pic of the range and range conditions, winds shifting and alternating, 2-7 m/s range 100 yards, rifle 308 Win.

Best regards Chris

Great shooting Chris. Reminds me of my day's shooting at Erlangen in the winter getting ready for the NATO matches.
I'm spoiled in Arizona now but plan to travel to South Dakota next year in the winter just so I can appreciate the desert again.

Thanks

threefeathers, shooting year round is what is keeping me motivated, I hunt as much as possible, part of that is being a better shot than last year.

Best regards Chris

Thanks mate,

all I can think of is bettering my wind reading skills, they are lacking,

however I am really happy about the targets, they keep you thinking.

Best regards Chris

Well once again weekend and once again I got me self some range time,

did shoot a AMC 300, Advanced Marksmanship Course 300 meter.

AMCIII-1.jpg

CBS was about 50 mm to high, did put in to much Mils.

AMC300I-1.jpg

Did I know my limits, well yes or rather I am bit of a chicken.

AMC300II-1.jpg

I know I ought to be able to count but noooo no way,

AMC300-1.jpg

Last, go, no go, well not to hard, did miss out on the wind abit.

A great time at the range.

Did shoot this one too, 5 rnds in 1/2 mil winds in less than 60 mm that is about 3/4 MOA I belive.

Forbannad-1.jpg

Well all take care, I might add that we still have snow on the ground but there is a still rain falling out there.

Best regards Chris

Alright,

the spring has come and I had a chance yesterday to shoot a comp, bravely and very competently set up by Brazence here at the hide.

The comp consist of known targets at unknown ranges within a 300 meter shooting range.

1 min for set up after loading and 45 sec to shoot the six rounds for effect.

I was lucky enough to only drop two hits,

the targets were

C20 a 200 mm round target @ 200 meter as a pre stage 6 rnds in 3 min to get set up.

station nr 1 @ milled 120 meter was a L1 target 38 mm x 90 mm

station nr 2 @ milled 180 meters was a B65 target 100 x 130mm

station nr 3 @ milled/certain 300 meters was a L/6 450mm x 260mm

station nr 4 @ milled 230 meters was a C50 100 mm x 90 mm

Station nr 5 @ milled/certain 200 meters was C20 200 mm round target

here are my hits on the data/score card.

resultatintrotvligen-1.jpg

and here are som great fotos of the event,

mIMG_6849.jpg

mIMG_6846.jpg

target and backers

mIMG_6845.jpg

good organisation is the basis of all god comps

mIMG_6857.jpg

Is he really trying to hit or what, comments are made and mockery being done.

mIMG_6866.jpg

RO is stating range rules and shooting instructions, do notice the comps youngest shooter, at age 11 he was doing rather well

mIMG_6872.jpg

The man closest in the pic above won the comp with a 28/30 just like me but he had a better score at 300 meter were I lost one hit.

mIMG_6881.jpg

clearing the line

mIMG_6881.jpg

setting up for the shot
mIMG_6903.jpg

mIMG_6921.jpg

mIMG_6921.jpg

The aftermatch talk, I am in this shot, or at least my nose..

20090321_2.jpg

Hmm Frank has told us to be straight behind the rifle, I thought I was, now I find that I wasn´t.

Winning form

20090321_9.jpg

And as a last piece of report,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICbAraTrFIg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGUkIeKBn5A

Well i like to thank all the members of the hide that has helped me out with ideas and concepts of training and shooting.

Best regards and enjoy Chris

US Marine,

yes most of us reload, out of the five shooters in my relay, four of us does and the last one is 11 years old pushing his old man to start.

I shoot Lapua cases, SMK 155, Norma 202 similar to reloader 19 and Fed 210 primers, reloading is done on a Lee Classic Cast and with Redding dies.

We had a great time all, the time limit of 45 sec stresses the shooter to shoot fast and straight, any form of fumbling or poor, or at least worse shooting form than mine is punished immideatly,

btw did you look at the wids?

Best regards Chris

Yes the first L1 and the forth C50 was hard targets,

with the winds and all most guys misread the wind and shot to the side,

I mean 38 mm is just about 1,5 MOA and with a slight wind misreading and you are gone.

The one thing I like about this comp is the 6 rnds challange, They all have to be on target.

Best regards Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swedish guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICbAraTrFIg

Well i like to thank all the members of the hide that has helped me out with ideas and concepts of training and shooting.

Best regards and enjoy Chris </div></div>

Thats me shooting that group, 300 meters with .223 (Scenar 69 gr, 21,8 gr Vihtavouri N135, Lapua Match brass, V0 a bit low, around 2700 fps) apart from the flyer i think I held it tight there, think it was an error from my side, not the load though

Here's another clip from yesterday with 6 shots @ 45 seconds;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw8c2GJJUxA

Heres from another competition this winter which I attended, were you can see how far the targets actually are (460 meters on this station)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfMsHhxZ2iI&feature=related

The target is a "barrel" 40x50 cm large, you can count either just hit or inner circle hits, depending on the station, there's also stations with targets where points are counted

Barrel 40x50 cm, used between 425-475 meters normally
40856.gif

C50 (45x50 cm wide) with points, normally used from 400-475 meters
40554.gif

Cazorp,

you forgott one thing just as I did,

Photos above are not mine, but are supposed to be posted around to avaken and gain interest for the version of the comp.

The original version is shot with peep sights and CG 69 rifles in 6,5x55.

The one thing Z left out is, ooh well lets see if he will tell you all.

Best regards Chris

What did I forget? I believe I own the pictures, but as you said - theyre supposed to be spread around to show what were doing in Sweden, and trying to export to the other nordic countries
wink.gif

Yet another weekend and I am really making an effort to earn the merits to be called a weekend warrior.

Today there was an invite for us using scoped rifles to join the Field shooters for a 6 station shot at known ranges.

It was a sort of training match ie shot like a match with the intent of training.

A three round fouler/spotter @ 300 and then one x 6 rounds at 300 meters,

the target was a C35 disk,

ie a 35 cm round circle, the targets was also scored for points,

then we shot @

400 x 2, at a

triangular shaped target 35x35 cm

Coffin 35x80 cm

@ 500 meters there was a barrel that is 50x42 cm I belive and

@ 600 meters there was a full size B65 target a semi oval that is 65 cm high,

in low winds 1-1,5 m/s I was fortunate enough to fill all targets and had a 27/30 points in the scored target.

Resultatstlboda.jpg

The six shots had to be shot within 90 seconds, not really fast but at a pace.

This was the first time ever for me to shot past 300 meters and I really enjoyed the whole show.

I had a dropchart that I now have verified

Dropchart.jpg

For pics and a short lesson in Swedish,

http://forum.robsoft.nu/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=78828&p=837787#p837787

here are some youtube vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w91Y-MJBwY&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA0NG6PfpYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w91Y-MJBwY&feature=channel

By the way I was the only shooter to have a full score card

Best regards from a smiling Chris

Yet another weekend and once again, I find some range time.

I shot a "long range" comp that compiles of 5 rounds @ 100/200/300 meters shot at a scored target,

the 10 ring is 27 mm or about and inch wide.

aprilmnadsbidragtilllnghllstvlingen.jpg

I started at 300 meter and did ok, the wind was gusty this afternoon,
200 was a huge f-up, thought the wind shifted and held of for that, I was wrong wind was still the same,

at 100 meters there was one poor trigger pull and that was it,

in total a 117 out of 150, I would like to shoot around 135-40p, it will come in some time...

Best regards Chris

Swedish guy,
Thanks for the post!

Question regarding the CG69, assuming that's the rifle pictured in posts at the very top; is based on the M96 action?

I like the different shaped targets.

Cheers

Mg-70,

My rifle is a humble Sako Varmint, the CG´s used for fältskytte, field shooting are great rifles however they sport wooden stocks and diopter sights.

I mostly hunt with my rifle however to be a good hunter I try to be a greater shot than today.

Yes the targets are great, the different shapes requires different hold to work the best.

Best regards Chris

Seldom does one read Sako and humble on the same sentence here in the U.S.; I'm sure it's a fine rifle. The better the marksman, usually the more humane the kill. The important thing is that you're out there having fun, honing your skills, and socializing with friends. There are plenty of accurate wooden-stocked rifles still in use by professionals worldwide. IIRC, the British military used them up 'til the Falklands and the Italians later still.

Cheers

You said it, I have for this year extended my "possible" range at roe deer to 300 meters given known or good conditions.

Other deer spiecies and moose will be shot at the ranges that they may appear.

The one thing I am slightly hesitant about are the wild boar.

They are out of season right now but I was target observing a big boar with piglets yesterday and I was sure of a perfect hit at the 180 meters lasered that I had to it.

I would not go beyound 200 meters on boar right now.

Best regards Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MG-70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seldom does one read Sako and humble on the same sentence here in the U.S.; I'm sure it's a fine rifle. The better the marksman, usually the more humane the kill. The important thing is that you're out there having fun, honing your skills, and socializing with friends. There are plenty of accurate wooden-stocked rifles still in use by professionals worldwide. IIRC, the British military used them up 'til the Falklands and the Italians later still.

Cheers </div></div>

Great vid!
wink.gif

Here's a crappy pic of my target from the same competition;

Stlbodatarget.jpg

Targets are "called" (size) @ distance;

1. "C35" (35x31,5 cm) @ 300 m
2. "1/3" (52x48 cm) @ 400 m
3. "L2" (30x70 cm) @ 400 m
4. "barrel" (40x50 cm) @ 500 m
5. "B65" (50x65 cm) @ 600 m

All targets but C35 is only measured by hit, first C35 is also a scoring target with 1-5 points per shot x 6 shots, giving a maximum total of 30 points. Shooting time is 6 rounds @ 50 seconds for our class.

Thanks bro,

I know the wid is great, good thing you are a big part of it,

Here are my results off the scoring card

IMAGE_936.jpg

@ 300 I shot a 10x10 cm group
@ 400 I shot a 10x10 cm
@ 400 I shot a 20x15 cm
@ 500 I shot a 15x20 cm
@ 600 I shot a 40x25 cm

I guess that those "groups" are not the best but they are real world shot under timepressure groups.

Besides the fact that mr Z above here won our class, XA, meaning scoped A he is also a real nice guy...

BTW Z do you have post notification on this thread or are you just stalking me ever so gently?

Best regards Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swedish guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks bro,

I know the wid is great, good thing you are a big part of it,

Besides the fact that mr Z above here won our class, XA, meaning scoped A he is also a real nice guy...

BTW Z do you have post notification on this thread or are you just stalking me ever so gently?

Best regards Chris </div></div>

No thank you!
wink.gif

I believe the video contains me due to the fact that the guy I gave my camera thought I couldnt get enough of myself :p

But actually it was kind of interresting to se some of the vids, especially one where you can se your full procedure over 6 rounds, found a few no-no's that I will adress in my training!

As being my attorney, I feel that I have a responsibility to stalk you quite extensively, I wouldnt want a jury to dig up something wicked about you, whenever I need your services in court
grin.gif
wink.gif

I heard a good line or two about you after the shoot, somebody acutally mentioned that, quote; "C seemed to be of "The Right Stuff"
wink.gif

I hope that you'll join us for the next field shoot, it seemed we missed a good one on Sunday in Strängnäs only 60-70 km's from Stockholm unfortunately..

The idea of having a video made of oneselfs shooting was prior to this one a rather odd concept,

now I find it to be a rather clever one to get to the flaws in form we are all plagued by.

As for coming on the next fieldtrip/fieldshoot I´d thought you never ask so in all of cours.

Hmmm I sure do wonder who was saying such nice things about me, some one has missread me totaly
grin.gif

As for being your counsel that is most true and yes, it´s a good thing to stay out of trouble then,

it´s so hard to represent people from the state pen.

Well will just se what the future holds,

Best regards Chris

I was wondering would any of you Swede's be interested in accomodating a friend of mine that's a photojournalist in Stockholm?

He's an Aussie guy that's been living there for a few years and has been interested in documenting shooting/hunting sports for a while.

If it wouldn't be any trouble he's a really nice guy PM me and I'll get you in touch with him!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Courage-wolf, if he wants to document one of our shootings I am up for it, as long as we get access to the edited pictures for propaganda purposes!
wink.gif
</div></div>

Awesome he'll be really excited he takes some great pics too. If you want to give me your contact info I can pass it along to him, or you can contact him any of these ways;

DAVID HEAD [email protected]
46 736 487 910

Here's some pics he took of a Feral hog hunt in Australia;

http://www.fiveseven.com.au/david/folio2/57gallery.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whoa, that didn't look very ethical to me as a hunter, having dogs ripping a suckled sow in pieces..
shocked.gif
</div></div>

In this part of the area they are only allowed to hunt with dogs and knives.

I don't think he enjoyed the experience very much he said it was the most shocking thing he'd ever seen.

He's not there to do anything but document the experience though. He doesn't write stories about anything or something like that. He just takes photos. I wouldn't hunt this way, but the photos are pretty incredible.

I think it's a yearly thing down there.

If we all get lucky mr Z might just pitch in here,

however we have been shooting saturday and sunday,

Saturday was another known ranges shooting at fieldtargets.

I shot a 23/30 for score at the 300 meter target and 29/30 hits on the targets, still I was not the top dog, a few shooters shot 30/30.

http://forum.robsoft.nu/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=89565

here is the thread in Swedish for the few and proud that might be able to read it.

Sunday was a most humbling experience, a true fielsshot,

UKD, known targets sizes, 6 shots, about 45 sec to shoot it and a 60 sec preparation time to range and dope for wind.

http://forum.robsoft.nu/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=89735

I was 0,6,6,6,0,1 ie 19/36 and about 10 inner circle hits for the course of 36 shots,

we had one shot in my group that made a full 36/36 for 12 inner circle hits,

my shortcoming was poor ranging ability, and we also suspect that the targets were fudged with a bit to mess with the shooters,

ranges were:

1 1/3 418m
2 C30 311m
3 C20 238m
4 1/6 320m
5 C35 360m
6 S25 H 360 Knä

http://forum.robsoft.nu/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=89735&start=20

And the pics belove are taken with consent from mr Cazorps replys,

file.php

[img:left]http://forum.robsoft.nu/download/file.php?id=15613&t=1[/img]

[img:left]http://forum.robsoft.nu/download/file.php?id=15612&t=1[/img]

All I can say is that I am to the left in the last pic, and that it´s showing me from my best angle.

Last sadly due to a range problem we did not get to shot the long range target, about 600-650 meters on a barrel target.

Best regards Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swedish guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

we had one shot in my group that made a full 36/36 for 12 inner circle hits,

Best regards Chris

</div></div>

Yeah that shooter is frickin awesome and very humble!
grin.gif

Hi all,

was out for another comp this past weekend,

a previously cancelled comp due to fog was held in the broken field and woodland of Norrtälje,

I was shooting with lill-Rambo and Cazorp and a few other shooters as well.

This was my first comp with the S&B PMII,

and disregarding the fact that I had my scope mounted on a angle, no not a MOA but tilted,

that sort of sunk me during the comp.

With 8 shooters on the line I was nr 4, for some reason or the other I decided to punch my first 6 rounds at shooter nr 5:s target, that being lill-Rambos as per above I made 5 hits, my score is then a 0.

Him on the other hand had entered a full 1,5 mil to much elevation and sort of missed the target, making a nice 6 round 2 inch grouping.

1/4 left sided target

44750.gif

60x35 cm

At about 240 meters

I had a bit of a left POI so I dialed to the right a bit

Then my troubles started as the ranges extended, however I did fairly good at the ranging and will have to be satisfied with that part.

The last target I belive was s C30 with a point scoring.

40535.gif

30x27 cm

the target we shot was black though.

I ranged the target to be at 290 meter, this target is according the shooting manual to be set between 270-320 meters,

well I managed a 6/6 and 21/30 for the score.

To recap, this shooting is done with a team on a given signal enters the shooting line, loads and makes ready to shoot in about 2 minutes, then a 1 minute prep time, measure and calc the range and adjust for range and dope,

then 15 sec to get ready to shoot, and finaly a 45-50 sec shooting time for the 6 shots.

Being a trial version of shooting we are glad to be allowed to join in the comps and last but not least some of the guys have designed a little webpage.

Do have a look see if you like.

http://www.faltskytte.se/

Best regards to you all from a very snowy Stockholm/Chris

Re: Range time and a bit of a comp

I had missed this thread. Nice summary of the different activities.

Minor correction, the last target on sunday was a C40 (40 cm wide). I remember that since I didn't have the milsize of it in my rangecard so I had to estimate the distance without using the reticle much.

Mate- i thought so to, that it was a C40,

however looking at the ranges it "ought" to be placed within, things just did not match up for me,

I ought to take better notes when shooting.

B- Do you have, the actual targets/ranges from the shoot, any pictures.

Best regards Chris

1 L 1 209 5,1
2 1/4 profil 311 5,0
3 B 45 414 4,3
4 Tunna 520 2,9
5 C 40 290 5,7

The last column is average hits on target.

This past season I have been out at few times to compete,

in fieldshoots,ie 6 shot 45 sek, 1 min prep time known target size at ukd,

have had some success and learned tons,

well spring is coming around here, and I am getting ready for a steel shoot weekend in three weeks,

so in a drizzling rain I went to the range to try out some loads.

IMAG0133.jpg

above 155 scenar, 42,5 grain 202, fed 210, lapua case, shot from left to right, the last one is significant with little/to no shooter error

IMAG0132.jpg

43 grains 202, in my opionion the better load,

best targets are 13,6 mm/16,4 mm c-c, that is about .52 inch to about .64

oh yeah this was done in proper form,

head first down in the snow.

IMAG0127.jpg

Well I am looking forward to this spring and the shooting matches is seems to promise.

/Chris

Range time= fun time.

And yes there was some different sorts of targets around,

even though I would never shot a 1/2 figure at 100 meters,

thats like shooting fish in a barrel.

/Chris