• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rangefinder binocs for low light with firing solution capable

longshooter

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
MI, USA
Fellas.
As the heading describes, I am looking for a Rangefinder binoc with 6 or greater exit pupil, with ballistic program solution built in. What is available with these capabilities. The exit pupil size seems to be a drawback with many units explored.

Check out the Revics.

I dont own them and am looking too.

Lotta guys liking them.

Did glass through them at a hunter match. Dang. Really nice.
1 second firing solutions sounds like a sell point to me as a hunter.

Reactions: goinghunting
Check out the Revics.

I dont own them and am looking too.

Lotta guys liking them.

Did glass through them at a hunter match. Dang. Really nice.
1 second firing solutions sounds like a sell point to me as a hunter.
The Revic Acura BLR10b Binocular Laser Rangefinder 10x42 with Ballistics is a great option
+Maximum Effective Range: 5,000 yards
+Standalone ballistic solutions:

• Base Wind and Vector Wind Solutions
  • Shoot to Range Solution for Ballistic Turrets

+Revic Ecosystem Integration:
  • Bluetooth Connectivity via the Revic Ops App
  • Ranging Vector Inputs for the App
  • Environmental Condition Inputs for the App
+Right and Left hand Button Configurations
+4 Targeting Modes to achieve the most accurate measurements

Thanks fellas.

I will be ordering the Leica Geovid 8x56 Pro. It should work geat for my needs (last light and quick, long shot solutions in dim or last light of the day). My targets need to have a solution quick, as my shots on target are fleeting with Michigan whitetail deer.

My only concern might me reflectivity on a dark target at dark conditions. Any further input concerning this with this Pro model that will be appreciated.

Reactions: ZA206
Those Geovid pro's are HOT!!!!
Do a review and post it up when you get it!!!!

Reactions: DudeBro
Those Geovid pro's are HOT!!!!
Do a review and post it up when you get it!!!!
ZA206,

Thank you for the suggestion on the Pro model. I will try to acclimate myself to it quickly, and report back on ease of use and consistancies/inconsistancies as I see them. Dark target/low light capabilities will be my main concern.

I almost had myself talked into the 10X50's a few months back, but decided it would be more practical for me to get a ballistic rangefinder and a nice set of binos. I'm glad I never saw them locally, as I'm sure I'd have bought them once I looked through them.

Took delivery on the Leica 8x56 Pro today. The glass is beautiful, giving perfect resolution with a 3d effect, just like any top glass wouild be expected to give. So far it is working as expected, while I am going thru the learning curve. This might be the best glass that I have now.

Hitting dark objects in the house hasn't caused a problem. I'm not sure I'm enthused with the 5 min timeout while on ballistics mode, but more familiarization might be needed there. Perhaps it's a non-problem.

Will stretch it out a little tomorrow, outdoors.

I'm gonna love this thing.

Wished I had it this deer season, as I was unable to range some last light whitetail oppurtunities.

Longshooter

Additionally, were there any discrepancies noted when recording distances shooting directly into sunlight or early morning sunlight reflection with dew or snow on the ground?

Reactions: DudeBro
How far are you ranging those deer?
This year 360y & 450y oppurtunities. But I didn't range them due to darkness and the time element oppurtunity on target. I don't think my Yardage Pro 500 would have hit them in this darkness anyway.

It was these failures that caused me to consider a better method of getting on target quickly.

I do plan on further distances with the new rangefinder.

Reactions: carbonbased
Additionally, were there any discrepancies noted when recording distances shooting directly into sunlight or early morning sunlight reflection with dew or snow on the ground?
If you mean with the Leica, I haven't tested for that yet.

I am about 1/2 way into warming up to this ranger and it's abilities. Currently, I am trying to decide which external equipment would be best to augment this ranger, i.e. ballistics and atmosphere. It can run the Leica app, which might and might not be worthy. ???

The Leica app is running AB . So unless you need wind- you should be good to go.