• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rangefinder for use with Kestrel 5700

blue_ridge

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2009
Eastern NC
I have an old Leica range finder with no Bluetooth and considering upgrading to one that connects to my Kestrel and/or iPhone. Which ones are worth the money? used or new.

I have an old Leica range finder with no Bluetooth and considering upgrading to one that connects to my Kestrel and/or iPhone. Which ones are worth the money? used or new.

See link to a previous post of mine regarding this subject.

Regards
JHC

Reactions: blue_ridge
Sig 10K works well. There’s several threads comparing them to Vortex and others including Leica but the Barbourcreek Long Range School YouTube review is pretty solid. Leica have had connection issues. They may have resolved them but they were pretty bad for a while.
Sig seem to work better in fog/rain conditions and all the info is in the view finder vs Vortex cycling through partial info every couple seconds. That’s my take away anyways.

I have my Kestrel paired to the Sig 10K. No issues with the bluetooth linking, data from the Kestrel pops up fairly quickly, and at this point I trust my Kestrel more than the on-board AB ballistics on the Sig. The LRF on the Sig (and the cross hair reticle) is probably it’s best feature, the glass quality…not so much. But I bought the Sig for the electronics and pairing capability than the glass.

I’m not a glass snob, but the reason I‘m not so hot on the Sig glass is trying to call hits beyond 900 yds can be challenging, especially when the shooter center punches the plate and it doesn’t move much. For .22, calling hits @ >300 yds can be a little challenging especially heavy plates that hardly move when hit.

See link to a previous post of mine regarding this subject.

Regards
JHC
Thanks that is good info.

Sig 5k, sig 5k, and the sig 5k. Every ounce as capable as the terrapin and instant connectivity every time. Could not want one single thing more from a rangefinder

I have a new Leica rangefinder, bought about 6 weeks ago. I’ve had no connection issues and it transfers the info very quickly. So far no complaints.