• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rangefinder Suggestions

acaixguard

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
I am new to precision/bolt rifles. Have everything set up already to get started, but was thinking about adding a laser rangefinder to my range bag. I am mostly shooting at known distances currently, but it was suggested to me that a rangefinder is still useful to have as a teaching tool to learn to range various distances.

Is it worth paying the extra for the Bluetooth option for Kestrel compatibility, if I ever decide to get one in the future? It is nice in theory but for most people, how practical is the feature? The other issue is I'm not really the most tech savvy guy. It's a miracle I can even use a smartphone. But if there is much value in having the rangefinder talk to a Kestrel, maybe I'll go through the trouble of learning how to use it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I am new to precision/bolt rifles. Have everything set up already to get started, but was thinking about adding a laser rangefinder to my range bag. I am mostly shooting at known distances currently, but it was suggested to me that a rangefinder is still useful to have as a teaching tool to learn to range various distances.

Is it worth paying the extra for the Bluetooth option for Kestrel compatibility, if I ever decide to get one in the future? It is nice in theory but for most people, how practical is the feature? The other issue is I'm not really the most tech savvy guy. It's a miracle I can even use a smartphone. But if there is much value in having the rangefinder talk to a Kestrel, maybe I'll go through the trouble of learning how to use it.

Thanks for any suggestions!
What's your budget? There's a whole lot of options out there...