• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Rangefinder took a 50 MPH hit. .

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    I ranged a groundhog hole yesterday, and I remembered to put the gun back in the truck but my Leica 1200 stayed on the hood. Driving home, I hit a bunp at 50 and out of the corner of my eye I saw something hit the mirror, then the ground. Went back and picked it up. Nothing broke, just a small rip on the soft case. Ranged a bunch of stuff with it afterwards including a deer at 1064. I paid $700 for it, but it was definitely worth it. My old nikon 1200 broke after a couple 2 foot drops.

-dan

Re: Rangefinder took a 50 MPH hit. .

You got lucky.

I'd be investing in a small Pelican hardcase for the near feature.

I have a Leica 900 Scan for years now, i have had it in all kinds of horrible weather and it has taken a lot of knocks and dings, the Leica's are very good value for money and extremely hard wearing, maybe do get a hard box for it, but i sling mine around my neck and put the device into one of the top pockets on my jacket with the button left open to get it out of that monster 16 pointer comes out for a look!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You got lucky.

I'd be investing in a small Pelican hardcase for the near feature. </div></div>

Yeah, I was thinking about that before I dropped it. I am kinda hard on my stuff.

Does anyone know what size I should get? The interior specs are listed, but I don't know how they measure the interior.

http://www.pelican.com/case_category.php?CaseSize=%&New=%