• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rangefinder tripod

velvetant

The winds fault
Minuteman
May 5, 2011
Northern Nevada
For a Sig kilo or similar rangefinder what tripod you guys use?
I always shoot prone so needs to be short, and light to carry in daypack.
Looking at the Manfrotto PIXI evo Mini Table Top Tripod but open to all suggestions. Would like to stay under $100

Reactions: Apnea
Looking at the Manfrotto PIXI evo Mini Table Top Tripod but open to all suggestions. Would like to stay under $100

Because the morons didn't put a mount on the Sig Kilo 2000, I just used a dab of some construction adhesive, slapped a nut on the bottom, let it dry, and then use it on a basic camera mount such as this:
https://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Tripod-Digital-Cameras-Camcorders/dp/B004OAFO0I/

Easy peasy.

I'm going to use a fine adjust mount bolted on one side of an aluminum bar with a Kestrel mount on the other and a photographic QD plate underneath.

Or something similar that keeps my spotter from getting hit in the face by the Kestrel wind vane.

I'll be using a Craigslist Bogen Manfrotto tripod more than likely. I can usually find a nice one for $30-50. I've got 4 and only one of them is wonky but it came with a nice tripod head which I swapped out on to a better set of legs.

Going antelope hunting this fall and was wondering how I was going to mount my Leica 2000 up to a pod. My guess is I’ll be spotting and likely taking a shot anywhere between 400-800 yards. In past experiences, goats farther than 600 don’t really get too nervous and graze without worry. I’ll likely just throw my rangefinder in the VYCE Head and then pull it off just before mounting the rifle.

I have a tripod coming from www.TacticalTripod.com arriving tomorrow. I will post up my impressions.

What I liked was the way both the laser rangefinder and spotting scope are co witnessed, with the kestrel on top out of the way.

I have found that these are the best for spotting scopes and Lasers because they have a Micro tilt adjustment and they can take up 6+kg which is about 13/14lb and they are very light, I used one in the 80/90s and I bought another one about 2 years back, I won't use anything else, There is ZERO wobble and the whole thing is cast Alloy except the centre shaft and you can tighten up all the bolts as they wear over the years, I Camo'd mine up and it works with all of my spotters and the ConX, It has pinpoint adjustment Love It.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Table-to...038465&hash=item5674792a97:g:0JkAAMXQWzNSgyjh

hope that helps,

John.

Last night I ordered a promaster XC525 from one of our venders here.
It's a little bigger then what I wanted for a range finder but should be about perfect for use with binos and spotting scope. Goes down to just under 7", thats more then enough for prone use. Has one leg that comes off for use as a mono pod when I want to conserve weight when hiking.