• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rangefinders?

in short the Zeiss is nice, the Leica is nicer. Its all about diversion and how tight the beam is for accurate reading downrange. The wider the beam the greater the possibility of spotting something closer along with your proposed target. I have spotted game animals out to 900 and hard out to 1400 with the Zeiss PRF but the Leica was in a much smaller package and had better readings on soft targets.

Both have excellent glass.

Here is a vid of laser sizes of various manufactures.

Spot laser beam - YouTube

Last edited:
I just picked up a Zeiss PRF *T handheld and I will be putting it through its paces this weekend. I will try to get out a review next week. As for the Leica 1600B, I heard they are nice, but have not seen them side by side in field conditions. I also know that the beam convergence on the Leica is better.

The reason I went with the Zeiss was a great price on here and the ergonomics on the Zeiss is better. It is just easier to hold steady. Also, the optics on the Zeiss are superior.

While the German products are good, the Swiss stuff (Vectronix) is the best. I use the 10 C.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anybody use a zeiss rangefinder?how does it compare to a Leica 1600b?

I picked up 2 of the ziess prf 8x26 and it is really good. I think the Lieca is a little better but at over $300 less the Ziess definately gets it done.

The Zeiss is a geat deal for the money. I bought one used here on the Hide for $425. I shoot .308, so I really don't need a rangefinder to range 1000+, so I'll accept the Zeiss range limitation. The Zeiss optics magnification is 8x vs the 7x on the Leica's, and I like holding with both hands like binoculars. The range finder's laser divergence doesn't necessarily equate to poorer performance as some quickly surmise. I ranged an object across a valley at 910 yards, and then I used google maps which confirmed the accuracy from point to point to the yard!

Last edited: