• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rangefinding binoculars

Schleutj

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2020
Kronenwetter,WI
Looking for my first set. Trying to decide and I am looking at these three…. Any info would be appreciated, I know two are pretty new but hopefully someone will have some input.

Vortex Fury 5000
Leupold BX-4 Range
Burris Signiture series

Thanks.

Range you want to be able to dope out too? I think the vortex is probably the best of what you have listed. I'd consider the sig kilo 6k as well. It's only downfall is to get dope past 800y it has to be connected to a kestrel. However when I'm shooting targets past 800y, I'm usually referring to my kestrel for solutions anyways.

Reactions: LRRPF52
Have had the Fury 5000 and 5000AB and the laser is great and glass good enough for spotting shots. You can get good deals through Liberty Optics on them too.

Reactions: OREGUN
Sig 6K (or 3000bdx if you can find them) should be another viable option. Easily the best RF capability of the bunch with good interface, BT/Kestrel/Garmin connectivity, etc.

Range you want to be able to dope out too? I think the vortex is probably the best of what you have listed. I'd consider the sig kilo 6k as well. It's only downfall is to get dope past 800y it has to be connected to a kestrel. However when I'm shooting targets past 800y, I'm usually referring to my kestrel for solutions anyways.
Realistically for hunting I would say 600 yards, for targets honestly not much farther as there is not a place further than that around here. Really want to make sure I won’t be disappointed in the glass. Now I have been using the same pair of Nikon monarchs(original) for 20 years. So maybe all will have better glass.

Realistically for hunting I would say 600 yards, for targets honestly not much farther as there is not a place further than that around here. Really want to make sure I won’t be disappointed in the glass. Now I have been using the same pair of Nikon monarchs(original) for 20 years. So maybe all will have better glass.
I'd go with a unit that has a reliable/proven ballistics Calc in the unit. Vortex fury 5000ab or sig kilo 6k. 6k will have a better image than the vortex, in my experience. You'll be able to range and know your elevation in a second. For the price difference between lrf and lrf with dope, it's a no brainer, as far as my priorities go.

I have a set of Zeiss Victor RF, and Kilo 10k. The glass on the zeiss is alpha and the ballistics is solid after truing with kestrel, but the laser is only 100% reliable out to around 1200-1300y in good conditions, bad weather it's around 800y.

My 10ks have notably inferior glass to the zeiss, but the laser/ballistics is as good it gets, haven't found conditions yet that degraded performance in normal shooting distances.

The one push range and dope of the fury AB or the kilo10k is the tits. Sig is faster but has weird glass and is $$$$. Fury 5000ab is a little slower to produce the data but is cheaper and has clear enough glass for any reasonable hunting distance.

Thanks everyone. Sounds like the vortex is the one I should go with. There is a sale coming and I can get a great deal so I am going to get them then I believe. It will be the regular fury 5000’s though. Thanks again.

I know, I'm the Burris guy. But I've played with a LOT of binos in the PRS world, and I can say here in full confidence that the Burris Signature HD binos are some of the most underrated binos out there.

It's an HD glass bino made in Japan, not China, for <$500. They come in 8x, 10x, and 12x. I've looked through them, they're extremely hard to beat at their price point.

The new LRF has an excellent laser in it and very nice glass. A fellow Burris team shooter told me he's getting solid readings at well beyond 2k with his.

Just my two bits.

I know, I'm the Burris guy. But I've played with a LOT of binos in the PRS world, and I can say here in full confidence that the Burris Signature HD binos are some of the most underrated binos out there.

It's an HD glass bino made in Japan, not China, for <$500. They come in 8x, 10x, and 12x. I've looked through them, they're extremely hard to beat at their price point.

The new LRF has an excellent laser in it and very nice glass. A fellow Burris team shooter told me he's getting solid readings at well beyond 2k with his.

Just my two bits.
Why would they not incorporate ballistics into these for a bit more money and truly be competitive with the current trend of point range dial shoot systems everyone seems to be perusing?

Reactions: Birddog6424
Why would they not incorporate ballistics into these for a bit more money and truly be competitive with the current trend of point range dial shoot systems everyone seems to be perusing?
It's entirely possible it's in the works 😉

But it was easy to bring a bino LRF to market at a fair price. Between Steiner and Burris they already have good laser technology in the line up. Steiner has a 1535nm laser that hits targets at 6500 yards. And now with their flagship hunting scope the Veracity PH (which only requires the yardage) they have Bluetooth on board ballistics.

They have lots of good stuff cooking.

From my point of view I would much rather get a write on turret than pay for extra features of on board ballistics and crappier glass (looking at you Sig). Give me a yardage and I'm good.

It's entirely possible it's in the works 😉

But it was easy to bring a bino LRF to market at a fair price. Between Steiner and Burris they already have good laser technology in the line up. Steiner has a 1535nm laser that hits targets at 6500 yards. And now with their flagship hunting scope the Veracity PH (which only requires the yardage) they have Bluetooth on board ballistics.

They have lots of good stuff cooking.

From my point of view I would much rather get a write on turret than pay for extra features of on board ballistics and crappier glass (looking at you Sig). Give me a yardage and I'm good.
I can agree as a match shooter, lrf and kestrel, boom done. I have a feeling a much larger % of lrf binos are being sold to hunters however, that's where the dope in the binos really makes the system flow. I try keep drops on my hunting rigs memorized out to 500y, but it's nice to see it for confirmation.

Reactions: Birddog6424
Several people really like the Revic over anything listed in this thread.