• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ranger Finders (Vectronix PRLF)

shoot1760

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2010
wa
Awhile back several of you wanted to do a group buy for the Vectronix PRLF 10 range finder. I'm ready to buy a Vectronix PRLF. I've been in contact with the Rep for Vectronix, is anyone interested in trying to put in for a group buy for this unit???????

kz

Re: Ranger Finders (Vectronix PRLF)

$? I know expensive, but can I just sell one arm?

What price range are we talking about?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$? I know expensive, but can I just sell one arm? </div></div>

Unfortunately, I am betting that you are looking at having to part with both an arm and a left testicle to afford one, but I too would be interested in hearing which specific model PLRF and the prices if anyone can get this information.

Thanks for the response here guys! Let me communicate what I have in mind. But first for you guys that need to do some research, here is the link....http://www.vectronix.com/#/en/home...Not sure if you need the rest after .com.....Anyhow, I and many others have spent a ton of time researching rangerfinders. Several of us shooters out west have owned everything under the sun in the cheaper models (under 1,000 bucks). Swaro, leica, ziess etc.

However, nothing out there ranges effectively to 3,000 yards in most conditions until you jump up in price.

The big question is PRICE and DELIVERY???

Im an in contact with Mike Nolan at Vectronix. He just advized me this morning that individual units are $3,700 and leads times are 8-12 weeks ARO.

I told him we are working on a group buy and I have asked him to discount them based on X amount of units. Im just waiting for an answer on what the discount will be.

I will tell you that if you consistanly shoot beyond 1,300 yards, you need one of these units. I am tired of using my GPS and running back and forth for distances and then having to walk in my bullets to the target and then validating with my Xbal program.

Ohers have used the Vectronix and they swear by them. If you google Vectronix, you will find that they have won many military contracts and many many government contracts all over the world. Most of the units sold are the more expensive ones and the PRLF is really the bottom of the line, but for guys like us, its top of the line.

I shoot a lot from 1400 yards to 2,000 and it's a pain not having a good range finder.

More to come, thanks guys!!

Zman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot1760</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
individual units are $3,700
</div></div>

*&%@%&*$#!!!

After several emails with Vectronix, they sent me to two of their distributors. PRG is the first disty...703-771-3003, Jackie is the contact there and she said if we bought 40 or more units we would save 100 buks...I told her that it would be to much work to only save 100 dollars. So at this point I would encourage any of you to go through Jackie. You will have to sign a gov doc that says you will not ship this out of the country.

Keep in mind, these are built for the military so there is some additional paper work, but not a big deal.

The other distributor is ADS, you can call them if you'd like, but I was ok with PRG. The ADS number is 757-351-1279

Cheers,
Zman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot1760</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
However, nothing out there ranges effectively to 3,000 yards in most conditions until you jump up in price.

Zman</div></div>

The prlf wont get you there either, the prlf15 tops out at 3000yards and is 5700+, If you need to range 3000m+ distances you need the mosquito(range about 4 klicks) or a 21 or 23. With some new systems coming on line here,3000 might not do it.LOL

C.K, have you personally used the PRLF10? If so, how far have you ranged with it and was were the conditions? I have not personally used the unit, but I've read reports on it touching close to 3,000 yards in varing conditions. One of the reports was on a reflective target ( a water tower) just over 2,900 yards. It would be good to hear other peoples actual reports on this unit.

Also, I tried to look up the mosquito, but could not google anything on it. Do you know of a web page out there??

Zman

Actually, It's a PLRF-10 and I've been using one for about 3-years now.
plrf10uq8.jpg

I regularly range in broad daylight non-cooperative targets at 2+ kilometers.
If I had it to do over I'd get the PLRF-10C which has a compass and will interface with a small hand held computer.

PLRF 10, 2600 and 2700 KD, no problem.

kmussak,

How many yards is 2 clicks?.....and how much more money is the PRLF 10C???

Also, you said you wished you bought the 10C, Im sure a few guys would be interested here (me included) in a good used unit. You wish to sell your unit??

zman

Just did my own conversion,,2 clicks is about 2200 yards...Tell me can you get much past that on good days??? I was really hoping for at least 2,500 yards

zman