• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ranges near Dayton Ohio

corsairpilot62

Flying Lottery Machine Winner!
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2020
The Twilight Zone
Hey Folks, looks like a tdy assignment to Dayton, Ohio.

Does anyone know of a good outdoor range? Preferably one that has at least 500 yards?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Folks, looks like a tdy assignment to Dayton, Ohio.

Does anyone know of a good outdoor range? Preferably one that has at least 500 yards?

Thanks in advance!

There is only one rifle range like that in all of western Ohio and it is not open to the public. You must be a member of Miami Rifle and Pistol Club to use their 600 yard KD range. You cannot shoot steel targets on it. There are no CF PRS or NRL matches in Ohio.

Your closest options are some PRS matches in SE Indiana or drive 2.5 - 3 hrs east to Thunder Valley Precision (north of Zanesville) or Rayner's Range (south of Zanesville) to shoot long range steel.

That is pretty much why my rifles collect dust in the safe now and just stick to USPSA.

Reactions: corsairpilot62
Thanks for letting me know. When i first travelled out there it seemed pretty grim. I’ll probably look into the Miami club.
Thanks for the info!

CCFSA near Wilmington has 200yds with plans to do 500 with no ETA . $100 or so a year to be a member with no daily fees. If I didn't know a bunch of farmers I might still have membership there.

Reactions: corsairpilot62
CCFSA near Wilmington has 200yds with plans to do 500 with no ETA . $100 or so a year to be a member with no daily fees. If I didn't know a bunch of farmers I might still have membership there.

Didn't mention it because of that.