• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ranges on the WV/VA border.

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
Taking a job near Covington VA. Lived in Lewisburg, WV for a long time. Never found a good long range in the area. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Currently a member of Harry Jobes in Fairmont (6 hour round trip) and the 100 yard at Smoot. Is there a long range close by other than the Beckley range?

These guys have a facility near Alderson WV- less than an hour west of Covington. They're a great training company. I don't know how long their precision rifle range is. They might know of longer ranges in the region.

Last edited:
Reactions: db2000
Can’t personally vouch for BangSteel but seem like good enough folks online.
Definitely vouch for Josh and Pigg River but he just had an open range day and only offers them a few times a year.
Here’s one in Wytheville.

which border of WV/VA are you looking at? If you're up towards Winchester, there's Peacemaker and Shadow Hawk. Add Summit Point if you're shooting rimfire

Down SW? Dunno other than Pigg River.

I know I helped build the short rifle range outside Blacksburg. That big rock at the entrance? I watched the D7 push it off the range. Wish I could say 'I did that' but I'm not a heavy equipment guy.

M