• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ransom paid, ooops I mean Bail posted for hiker

sailronin

Private
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2005
S. Florida
$500,000 bond posted to free the 32 yr old woman hiker from Iranian prison.
Sarah Shourd left Iran today aboard a charted jet after being released due to medical conditions (pre-cancerous cervical cells and lump in her breast).
As it is unlikely she would return to Iran for trial one must assume the bond is forfeit.

How stupid do you have to be to go hiking along the Iraq/Iran border and then act surprised when you're taken prisoner. I feel sorry for the parents of the all three of the hikers but no pity for the captives themselves.

Anyone for a surf safari to North Korea?

Re: Ransom paid, ooops I mean Bail posted for hiker

My thoughts exactly. WTF?? You play with fire your going to get burnt..

So who pays for this? If it's my taxes I say leave the idiots. They're not my kids or anyone I would call friend.

I agree. I really reckon their families should get billed for all the time, effort and risk these dumb shits caused.Thats what happens when ignorance wants to be top of the cool guy pile.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So who pays for this? If it's my taxes I say leave the idiots. They're not my kids or anyone I would call friend. </div></div>
The transaction went through the Iran Bank branch in Oman. Oman was asked to intervene by the US, so they either posted, secured, or backed the bond.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No American goes wondering along war zones for fun. There's more to the story that your not being told....

If they were just hiking...they deserved to get caught. </div></div>

I dont agree there's more to it. They were just peace corp hippies thinking all the world is wonderful. The US gov denied paying the ransom.

You read any of the Bio's on these three ? All Berkeley Grads,two "Journalists",She was also listed as an Activist,the other guy was an Environmentalist.She was also quoted in one article I read as being Ashamed of the US.I got the impression that at least she did not like the USA any more than the Iranians do.

A question for the guys on here that know a bit about Iraq;Do you need any kind of permission to go wandering around there like these clowns were?

From the start this thing had stunk. If you buy the wicker story, I have some ocean front property in Kansas I'll sell you.

Between them and the dumb bitches that went into N.Korea, I say fuck'em. If your that stupid, you deserve to get what they do to you. Sad thing is, they have this "entitlement" mentality that we give them in the US. Thing is, most countries are not as liberal as we are, but they think they can do what they want.

Just like the dumbshits that go hiking up into Mt. Rainer around were with no beacon or SAT phone. Then we have to pay the bill to find them, and risk the lives of others.

Hippy enviromento's are the type of operatives that "Mother" likes to use as cover.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muley Fanatic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hippy enviromento's are the type of operatives that "Mother" likes to use as cover. </div></div>

Most people I know believe this, or that they are in fact just dumb hippies that hate our country.

They do not realize they are FROM our country and other countries hate our country so therefore they hate THEM.

It is not the enemy of my enemy is my friend..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sailronin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...How stupid <span style="font-weight: bold">must three Jews</span> be to be to go hiking along the Iraq/Iran border <span style="font-weight: bold">without armed guards</span> and then act surprised when you're taken prisoner. I feel sorry for the parents of the all three of the hikers but no pity for the captives themselves....</div></div>
Fixed it for you.

I thought they were hiking into Iran, not along the border. They were up to no good, my impression was they were there to offer their services.

She is a Self Proclaimed Activist,Probably became great allies with the Iranian President while in Captivity,shades of Patty Hearst and the "Stockholm Syndrome" are beginning to emerge.Besides,nothing good ever came out of that Lib Hellhole UC Berkeley.