• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*Rant* Why do gun "safe" manufacturers continually lie about capacities?

And, another conundrum is I've seen so many gun safes get rolled/slid down stairs on CCTV footage in people's homes during burglaries. So, for me I'm all about weight. I know any dipshit can get into these containers with power tools in 10-15 minutes.
Weight doesn’t matter, a 2000lbs safe isn’t necessarily harder to move than a 500lbs.

anchor it to the floor, and build something sturdy above it so it can’t be tilted. If you can box the entire thing in so the sides and top aren’t accessible it will make it 1000x harder to get in or roll it away.

Or that people pay more money for the safes that are more burglar resistant when in reality I could be in any of these safes and have everything out of it in under 10 minutes.

this year I’ve had to cut into probably a dozen bank atms to get the cash out after gangs attempted to steal them, broke the lock mechanism and the atm company has to get the cash out. I think my record time is 11 minutes right now to cut an atm open

Yep, ten minutes is taking your time with the right tools on most gun safes.

I can fit 5 rifles into my 5 gun safe.
The 4 bolt rifles are laid up and down and the lever shotty is across the front in the void between the rifles and the door.
Only problem is if I wanted to get another rifle, then I would need to upgrade to a 10gun safe

Or that people pay more money for the safes that are more burglar resistant when in reality I could be in any of these safes and have everything out of it in under 10 minutes.

this year I’ve had to cut into probably a dozen bank atms to get the cash out after gangs attempted to steal them, broke the lock mechanism and the atm company has to get the cash out. I think my record time is 11 minutes right now to cut an atm open
Amature.... j/k 😁

I thought everyone here kept guns in a boat?
1612668575912.jpeg

why tell you the truth that's not a good way to sell a products .

The storage racks that come in the safes are way too poorly designed to ever hit the stated capacity (unless they're just filling it with Beretta bobcats). I took a day and played around/took measurements and made myself a new one. Particle board, going slow with a router, cover it with carpet when you're done. I easily fit 25-40% more rifles now because the spacing is designed around my guns. The one size fits all racks (mine was two large U shaped areas) suck.

They'd be better off advertising themy by the cubic foot.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Reactions: clcustom1911
Builds gun room complete with vault door. Walls are Sheetrock and wood...
US Embassy, Benghazi, June 1967, 2nd floor communications vault door was repeatedly attacked by a mob with the Embassy staff locked inside. The Embassy staff eventually broke out by busting through the thin brick wall. One of the guards was there when they installed the door and remembered that the infrastructure could not support the weight of reinforced walls.... Or something like that. Its been awhile since I heard the story as a kid.

At least the Vault door did its job.

The same with Ford Motor Company saying a 1/2 ton pickup will carry 2,000 pounds. There is a reason

No penalty

Attachments

• WC Fields.jpg
    WC Fields.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 28
The interior layout to a lot of new safes sucks. I have an older browning silver that wasn’t terrible and then I picked up a newer cheaper browning and hate it. Using the rifle rods is getting me by for storage but can’t fit near the guns in the new safe as the old on. And not to highjack the thread but what are people’s thoughts on the heavy vci bags and storing special guns inside them inside a “safe” for added protection against fire, mainly the corrosion attributed to having a fire. Can’t afford a better safe than I have right now and looking for options that won’t hurt the wood or finish.

Hi,

LOLOLOL...So the shorter of the 2 words is the one not used, haha?

Like typing William when the guys real name is Bill...

Sincerely,
Theis
Some internet companies treat the 2 words differently. I've heard Eric Cortina use it or something similar on his YouTube videos. Along with freedom pills.

• Haha
Reactions: THEIS
I took the interior out of mine and put the secure it gun storage system in it. It only holds 12 rifles but each rifle is has it's own spot so when you open the safe they are all secure and facing you completely organized, lift the bungy around the barrel and remove rifle. No leaning agains each other, no scratching and super fast to get out of the safe. Check out their website. best thing I ever did to my safe. I bought one of there storage lockers as well.
www.secureitgunstorage.com I have zero affiliation with them. Just like the system. They also sell stuff to make complete gun rooms.

20200401_182314.jpg

Measured and spaced for my rifles. Row on the right takes 5 ARs, other rows have 4 each to give the wood stocked rifles some room. Built a box with a drawer that holds 5 handguns and goes on the right to help the SBRs reach the rack. Spent way too much time on this, but the result is a lot more storage than the original double U shaped rack. Plus the safe holds 7 rifles on the door as well.

I mean what the actual fuck are they smoking when they describe a "safe" (which isn't an actual safe, btw) as having a 33 long gun capacity, like a Browning 33, and they have this picture.

View attachment 7548106

To me, that's maybe 10 in the safe (2 rows of 4-5), 2 pistols in pistol cases, and 3 on the door = 15 mostly-fudd-guns that don't have all kinds of bullshit optics, lights, chainsaws, sharks with laser beams on their heads, 63 degree canted iron sights, unicorn clip-ons, 90 degree red dots, bipods, trans-pods (monopods that identify as bipods), actual monopods, and whatever the fuck else we idiots hang on our pew pews.

Another picture of a 40+ gun safe had like 5 AR's with 10 ROUND MAGAZINES in one of the rifle storage areas and that looked full. I'm over here like what the fuck is a 10 round AR mag.

You put a hamdful AR's with optics, and a couple bolt guns with optics and you're tapped out with space.

So, like, I have to take what they say and basically take 25-40% of that as the actual capacity depending on the layout.

Fuckers.

/end rant

Discuss/shitpost if you wish.

EDIT: I'd be totally on board if they said something to the effect of " Can hold either 33 of grand-pappy's tube-fed, iron sight, 22LR squirrel rifles and a jar of moonshine, or 10 Modern Sporting Rifles.... and a jar of moonshine"
I have a Browning/Pro-Steel. Give and take with these. I was sold on the "door" mount stuff when I bought it; then figured out that it actually limits the capacity somewhat because no stock is as narrow as the "perch." That said, despite losing about 1 row, maybe 2 of the "normal" rack, it's still a winner (for storage...not necessarily "safe or fire" because one can truly get anything not scoped and without a 30" shotgun barrel on the door. That said, the scope cutouts are too small for ANY high power variable optic. The picture above shows 7 of the perches. So I can guarantee 7 guns (maybe not with optics) will fit. Looking at that picture, I could see 15-18 long guns stored if one organized properly.

Overall, I think Browning actually holds more (at least most easily) than other brands. But you are correct, any AR and for that fact any rifle with an optic eats about 2-3 spaces. Even shotguns, unless everything one owns is a pump or O/U (not even SxS) any Semi-auto has to be given 1-2 "free" space(s) to keep bolts from rubbing against receiver.

My general rule is if it says 50 guns, that means it'll hold 25 long guns TOPS. Put high power scopes on, and it may be more like 20.

Granted, my safe consists of a lot of stupid paperwork that has eaten up 1/3 of the storage. Yes, I know...it's not a fire safe; but....better than a file cabinet (unless one purchases a fancy fire file cabinet).

😀 Half of the dudes complaining here have wives that believe that something that's 9" can somehow be covered by the width of their hand.

But let's go after RSC manufacturers for false advertising 😆.

J/K of course...

Reactions: camocorvette
Builds gun room complete with vault door. Walls are Sheetrock and wood...
A couple years ago, there was a shooting across the street at the greyhound bus station from work. A Virginia state trooper was killed. The front office had a re-enforced door with fob access only installed. They didn't look too kindly at me when I told them it wouldn't keep someone out like me. I'd just kick thru the sheet rock and thin metal supports and still get to their precious little asses. The ops mgr refused to discuss the safety improvements with me. (I love screwing with him)

Making the new rack helped me with scopes rifles a ton. The standard rack made me put them atvan angle to get the scope to fit. My rack let's them be straight up and down. And by staggering the heights with risers on the bottom I can get it so the scope of one rifle doesn't interfere with the grips in the row behind it.

With regards to on door storage, mine are turned left and almost flat against the door, otherwise they stick I to the safe and take too much space. Mostly shotguns and iron sights 22s on the door for me, works great for that.

ARs can be tough, took some playing with the spacing, but I have mine upright and stocks adjusted to optics don't interfere with the row to the left. I don't remember what the stated capacity of my safe was, but there was no way it would hold it unless it was all handguns and break action single shots with iron sights.

Buddy up an old shooter. When he passes, talk to the widow about getting two of the oversized safes.

In the mean time take him to get his COVID vaccine at the VA.

• Wow
Seems like they might not get the door closed with that shotgun in the way...

i prefer to have my barrels down. last thing i want is to clean actions from oils leaking into them. might not happen but i prefer to shoot more than i clean.

and yes i agree, safe marketing leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to safes. i have an "advertised" 12 gun safe, 3 in there, could possibly get another 2 to 3 comfortably with them living in oversized allen gun socks so their not bumping skin.