• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys RAPTAR group buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a main instruction manual and other smaller manuals and a zeroing target.

I may be ablest PM them to you if you would like

Right on man. I would really appreciate that if you can. Thanks for the offer.

a lot of people who posted / messaged/ asked about unlocks have not reached out ?! lets get the ball rolling guys! PM ME!
So let's assume that we pay for the upgraded highpower installation. $1600:(
We are scrolling through the raptor's menu and we arent as familiar with the cfg settings as someone who does it quite often.
We inadvertently get to lsr and click it to low power mode.
Can we send it back to you to get the key reinstalled at no cost?

Glad to hear..
I on the other hand have had a couple of ES models that required the software key as they did not move back to hipr after going to lpr.

Ok Group 04 funds wired to PRG, units should ship Monday and be received by customers on Friday.
There are six units shipping in Group 04.

Group 05 will have 7 units, the final batch. Last two people are still working on payment for group 05 and several checks are clearing.

==
(would appreciate you guys getting a room to have private discussions, thanks! :) )

Reactions: STLSteve
Ok Group 04 funds wired to PRG, units should ship Monday and be received by customers on Friday.
There are six units shipping in Group 04.

Group 05 will have 7 units, the final batch. Last two people are still working on payment for group 05 and several checks are clearing.

==
(would appreciate you guys getting a room to have private discussions, thanks! :) )

If someone wants an "out" of theirs, I'll fill their place and can send funds same day. 😉

If you get any more or someone needs an out. Let me know. Thanks!

Maybe @TheHorta can spare his last one?. 🤣

So your claiming that it unlocks the ES to full power capabilities? Because I plugged a key into an ES. The illuminator did not brighten up. Nor did the laser . It said HIPR but the diodes are different .. I tested both side by side. ES does not go higher then 3 on the power scale. Full power units once unlocked go to 7. I call BS. I think you must have a key and are tryng to get attention/ business your way. If that’s the case... well played.
If you look closely this is a Raptor ES in which you can see the laser power setting is set to 7.
How about an apology?

Attachments

• 8E780EF7-6A65-4C0A-A9F3-4AD4AD643FA7.jpeg
    8E780EF7-6A65-4C0A-A9F3-4AD4AD643FA7.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 167
IMO most who buy a Raptor are looking for a laser rangefinder - the night vision IR laser/flood capabilities come with the package.
The simple zeroing along with a quick reconfirm of the visible laser is very important to the longer distance user. I know it is to me.
When you use a key to turn up the visible laser on your ES to a #7 setting this allows you to zero or recheck zero in the midday sun at 200 and occasionally at 1000 yards on a reflective target. A setting of 3 (low power- no key) is like a flashlight that the batteries are beginning to fail and limits the useable distance of red visible lasers effectiveness.
The Highpower IR features on a Raptor are pretty useless as most of the serious users adopt either the newer smaller peq for close range and weight considerations or a inline thermal (best choice for distance). No experienced operator uses a high power setting in close quarters encounters.
So to summarize - the ability to boost the red sight in laser for day capable usage is more important than the IR features.
There isn’t a viable use of the high power IR in close quarters engagements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhed
IMO most who buy a Raptor are looking for a laser rangefinder - the night vision IR laser/flood capabilities come with the package.
The simple zeroing along with a quick reconfirm of the visible laser is very important to the longer distance user. I know it is to me.
When you use a key to turn up the visible laser on your ES to a #7 setting this allows you to zero or recheck zero in the midday sun at 200 and occasionally at 1000 yards on a reflective target. A setting of 3 (low power- no key) is like a flashlight that the batteries are beginning to fail and limits the useable distance of red visible lasers effectiveness.
The Highpower IR features on a Raptor are pretty useless as most of the serious users adopt either the newer smaller peq for close range and weight considerations or a inline thermal (best choice for distance). No experienced operator uses a high power setting in close quarters encounters.
So to summarize - the ability to boost the red sight in laser for day capable usage is more important than the IR features.
That’s basically like saying, “who would ever need full-auto, semi-auto is more than enough for most folks.” 😆

I don’t get This but I’d like to understand. The Raptar ES is pretty much everything anybody needed except a POS illuminator and the decoder ring for the settings. I don’t think anybody ever said they needed a more powerful visable or even IR laser but they are obviously a bonus. It’s the illuminator that sets these apart in my opinion as it eliminates the need for a Luna or dbal or Peq or what ever. Not sure this is the right piece of kit for cqb or door kickers so not sure what that is about. Maybe somebody can fill me in on what I’m missing.

• Love
Reactions: Eliteuas
Greetings, for all persons participating in the RAPTAR Group Buy. Going forward, I will communicate directly with you rather than using this thread. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly via PM if any question or issue. Thanks for looking and participating!! Going off line now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.