• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Raptor night vision

ksp 498

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
Lexington, KY
I just obtain a Raptor 6x night vision scope. Wondering if anyone has messed with them? I have two options of rifles to mount it two, a HK 416 or M1A stock gi rifle. What do you think makes a better platform? I would probably be using it between 50 and 100 yards. I think cheek weld would be a issue with the M1A, and cannot get another stock at this time. Any thoughts?

Re: Raptor night vision

Ya what he said also.
They are nice. cheek weld will be a annoyance with about anything. What is the Obj. Diam. on the 6x ? something like 110mm I think . short range like you are wanting . I would do the lesser Cal. of the 556 on your HK . Unless you need the extra bullet weight & recoil with shooting the M1A on larger weight game .
50 to 100 yrd. is not coming close to giving the 6x raptor it due . You will have 100% target identification with big detail for sure . You will have No Problem getting pinpoint shots out past 300 yrd. with it on a .223 cal. . The Obj. and the unit weight & size is not fun on the 6x but the Obj. size is gives it's upper hand on the Dark over lesser size NV using no IR supplement .

Re: Raptor night vision

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: softcock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya what he said also.
They are nice. cheek weld will be a annoyance with about anything. What is the Obj. Diam. on the 6x ? something like 110mm I think . short range like you are wanting . I would do the lesser Cal. of the 556 on your HK . Unless you need the extra bullet weight & recoil with shooting the M1A on larger weight game .
50 to 100 yrd. is not coming close to giving the 6x raptor it due . You will have 100% target identification with big detail for sure . You will have No Problem getting pinpoint shots out past 300 yrd. with it on a .223 cal. . The Obj. and the unit weight & size is not fun on the 6x but the Obj. size is gives it's upper hand on the Dark over lesser size NV using no IR supplement .
. </div></div>

Objective lens actually 178mm on the 6x. Great edge to edge sharpness for very long range looks. Hope this helps.

Vic