• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Raptor SD Charging Handle

Powder_Burns

Shoutbox Veteran
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 4, 2009
    Colorado
    Been trying to source a raptor sd charging handle for an ar-10 since may of last year. At this point I don’t even care about color options. Does anyone have a lead on this item? Radian has been on backorder for a year. 🤷‍♂️

Good luck with this OP. I guess you could always try and backorder it from a couple places? Unless you find a used one of course.

Have you considered the Precision Reflex Gas Buster charging handle? I ordered direct and had it within a week. Supposedly works better than the Radian and is lower in price. I have this version on two rifles and really like the way it feels/looks vs. the flat handle version. https://www.precisionreflex.com/cha...mbidextrous-large-latch.html#/62-colors-black
    Thanks, this actually prompted me to revisit my choice of charging handle. Bunch of reviews say the sd doesn’t work all that great.
    My only issue with the PRi, having one on an ar-15, is that I shoot left handed and the gas is still pushed torwards my face.
    I think my best option now is the geissele sch 7.62, but back to square one as they are out of stock everywhere too. 😬

I’m not complety sure what the sd does but I run the regulars suppressed and have zero problems. I’ve also recently ran the tactical-expressions charging handle which is a radian knockoff for half the price with zero problems.

If gas in your face is a problem there is a gasket maker cure out there that works quite well. No reason to spend an extra $100.

Thanks, this actually prompted me to revisit my choice of charging handle. Bunch of reviews say the sd doesn’t work all that great.
    My only issue with the PRi, having one on an ar-15, is that I shoot left handed and the gas is still pushed torwards my face.
    I think my best option now is the geissele sch 7.62, but back to square one as they are out of stock everywhere too. 😬
    I hate to say it but no product is going to stop a suppressed AR10 from spraying crap out the ports and if you are shooting a right side eject AR left handed I'm sure its not super fun. Maybe one of the flow through cans would help or a lower backpressure one. Honestly tho you'd probably need to switch to a different rifle design to totally fix this. I notice on my LMT that ammo seems to play a pretty significant role in the amount of gas when suppressed? What ammo and can are you using?
    Or you could get some huge safety goggles! Thats what my friend does with his full auto MP5SD when he runs it for a class 😂 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Powder_Burns