• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Rare as can be Colt

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
In case yo didn't see this coming up at Julia's in March.

Important First Army Contract Colt 1900 SN: 11 with correct Audley Holster from the collection of Col. James Boyd from Gen. Lucius Clay, ca 1945

Another mind blowing collection..

Now there is a holster that will raise my pucker factor. Although I understand it's historical importance, I actually saw fellow shoot himself in his leg using a Bianchi holster similar to that in the late 1970's-early 1980's. Trigger finger inside the trigger guard while doing anything but shooting is a recipe for disaster..

But, the rarity of that pistol and holster combination makes it VERY desirable...it doesn't mean I would shoot the pistol, or use the holster though.

Saves fractions of a second at the expense of loosing blood... it's always give and take.

You should have seen people hitting the deck after the guy that shot himself in the leg started hopping around and waving his loaded gun around with him. I understand he was surprised, and going into shock, but really wished he would have let someone help him before he started waving his gun all over the place. I didn't know half those other guys could move that fast! So far, I have actually seen two guys shoot themselves while holstering/unholstering. I have two good friends who I had always thought of as very proficient gun handlers (both were competitors and one was an instructor) who both shot themselves in the lower body with a 45acp

If they can shoot themselves, the saying "There but for the Grace of God go I", most certainly applies to me.

The metal button goes inside the trigger guard to retain the pistol. In order to draw the pistol, you put your trigger finger inside the trigger guard, and press the button down while pulling the pistol out of the holster. It is pretty easy to do the math about what could happen from there.

Is it some kind of Darwinian experiment?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

OP Your right about "Rare as can be". There's one you seldom see.

We attend the Vegas Antique Arms Show each January after SHOT Show. Despite 50 years of gun shows I am still awed and amazed at the rare items on display each year.

I know a guy here in MT that has a battlefield pickup, Colt SAA ,that lettered back to the Custer Unit. Was in his Family for years, they didn't letter it until the early 1980's.

Wow, that is an extremely rare Colt. The serial number ranges for the first Army Contract 1900's was #11 - 207. That means this (#11) was the first Colt 1900 (first semi-automatic Colt) every shipped to the US Military! What a great find!