• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Rare PVS4 W/Onboard FP Illuminator

French1966

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 7, 2020
300+ feedback on ar15.com, more elsewhere, can verify on request

PayPal accepted. No comments, No Goods and Services allowed. Most other payment types accepted.

PVS4 Weapon mounted (4x) night vision optic

This particular unit is incredibly odd because it has a factory FP illuminator mounted at 12 o’clock. It has its own power source as well as windage and elevation knobs. The illuminator spread can be adjusted also (can be dialed down to a pointer basically). The power is fixed, and seems very similar in output to a full power peq15 on high.

As far as the unit itself, everything functions as it should. NOS Gen2+ tube. Performs like all my gen3 stuff due to large objective size.
The lenses are in really good condition. Diopter and focus work fine. Currently has a M14/M60 308 reticle installed but can be zeroed for whatever you want. Also, the reticles just screw in to the objective and can be changed out very easily. I think they are about $80-$100 on Ebay. You can get all different kinds including m16/556 reticles.

Takes double A batteries unlike some older models which require adapters. This one does have some leftover residue from battery leakage in one battery tube. Doesn’t effect function and has been cleaned already.

$1,250 shipped
That’s about the cheapest way to do any night vision shooting at distance. I also thought about putting on a bipod as a night vision spotting scope that won’t break the bank. Someone also mentioned using it as a clip-on device in front of a day optic, which should actually work. I’m probably under priced because this has a FP illuminator, but I’m just trying to pass along a deal.

Photos and video linked below (I can send high quality versions via text, just send me a pm with your number)

Buildings in the below video (at end of album) are at about 200 yards

Also, someone asked: “why is the reticle canted in pics/video?”.
Answer: It isn’t canted. The scope wasn’t attached to anything and was just resting on a fence for the photos/video. I didn’t have it perfectly level when holding everything by hand.

Last edited: